Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

planet fitness

Is anyone a member there? I saw they are running a special right now. $1 joiners fee and $10 mth. I was planning on doing videos at.my house and walking outside but it is freezing and icy around here right now. I am only 21 out bit I was thinking that I could at.Leary use the treadmills there. And as long awning don't babe to sign up for an extended period of time with the special.deal it would be worth it for me until I am cleared to do heavier exercise. Is it a nest market like gold's gym? That is a big turn off for me. My mom suggested curves but that is way to monotonous for me. I am a classic adhd patient so I need change and often or I get sick of routines.and quit! Lol!

I love planet fitness I m 270 and I only do tread mill and no one says a word everyone there is supportive and there to help

I go there, they are great.

I have a love-hate relationship with PF..

I LOVE that there are a lot of machines. The machines are clean and in good working order. I have never had to wait for a treadmill, elliptical or spin bike. I have had to wait for a recumbent bike but not for long. The clientelle is pretty much just people who go there to workout and mind their own business. I've seen a few grunters and "gym rat" types but very few. Mostly it's just lots of moms and people workingout after work. I feel comfortable there in sweats and a t shirt. The PF I went to in NY had a lot of muslim ladies who would go work out there in head cover and baggy clothes... nobody cared. I also liked the strength training equipment. I did have to wait a little to use it, but I was ok with that. I weighed 330 when I was going there and I could use everything no problem though that thing you have to push open and closed with your legs, I did get stuck on and some lady had to help me get out of it!!! We had a good laugh and she showed me how to adjust it so it didn't open as wide!

What I didn't like about Planet fitness: NO FITNESS CLASSES.. no zumba, no step aerobics... not not really any help anywhere. the people who work there are just kids and they really don't seem to know what they're doing.. I also hated that they had pizza and bagles out for free to the gym patrons sometimes.. AAAK... I don't need that when I'm going to the GYM!!!

I LOVE LOVE LOVE THEIR MOTTO..."LEAVE YOUR EGO AT THE DOOR"!! In MD we have a trainer that gives different classes at PF so I guess it depends on where you are. Good luck!

I am in western md and I love the trainers so sweet and kind

Yep.. Same here, depends on your area, I guess. And price is right! We can have personal trainer or classes. Love it! And the " leave ego at door" is awesome. Everyone is welcome and no show offs ... Although enough " whoa... That's what I want to look like" clients that help motivate me. I pretend they used to look like me ;-)

I love PF Too!!! i guess the simplicity of the club is the best part and keeps it from become too over crowded and unruly. I love their motto as well and it seems like a very down to earth place. ive been a member since 2011.