Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I know it is a bit early but I am guessing our lists are long.

My question is this: What are you thankful for (funny, serious, otherwise)?

I am thankful for a loving and supportive husband who drives me just enough crazy to keep me coming back for more.

I am thankful for parents that can now say they are proud of me.

I am thankful for healthy family and friends that are good to me.

I am thankful that my son is well mannered, nurturing, loving child that has deep and sincere ties to others emotions yet can still appear to be that boy with everything with a sense of humbleness that is charming.

I am thankful for my son's achievements in sports.

I am thankful that I have two perfect fur babies that love me way more than I love even myself someday.

I am thankful for the 6th graders that keep me going in motivation. I don't educate them nearly as much as they have given me over the last few months. And I hope someday they realize that.

I am thankful for a warm fire in my fireplace with a beautiful home and comfort in living.

I am thankful for the trees that have really regrown from the horrible fire we had years ago.

I am thankful that I can now see thanks even when I didn't want to even wake up in the morning.

I am thankful to my band for giving me that boost of strength and courage I knew was inside of me.

I am thankful for Lunesta for helping my sleeping disorder FINALLY!

I am thankful for LBT for being there for me when I need them, even after I don't post for a few weeks.

I am thankful that I live in a country with consitutional rights such as freedom of religion, speech, press that allows me to be the person and woman that I know I can be.

I will keep adding, but what are you thankful for?

So much...................

I'm thankful for the salty air I can breathe off my porch every morning.

I'm thankful that our son can walk without cane or crutch, albeit with a severe limp, for the first time in four years.

I'm thankful for my hands. I use them to earn my living, help people, play music, communicate on LBT!

I'm thankful for being a wild and crazy kid in the 60's and 70's. I had lots of adventures and got into all sorts of trouble that I wouldn't have the guts to do now.

I'm thankful to my sweetheart who, after all these years, still makes me weak in the knees and who has always treated me like a goddess regardless of my size.

I'm thankful that both my grandmothers lived to almost 100 yrs. They were each from different countries, both so different, and I appreciated them more and more as I grew older.

I'm thankful I've managed to dodge most of the co-morbidity bullets that are associated with morbid obesity. (It must be those good genes from my grandmothers).

I'm thankful for my band, my tool. I have a chance to have a different life.

I'm thankful for LBT, the newer members as well as the original members that I feel like I got to know while I was lurking so long.

Although it's sometimes difficult for us as parents and for his teachers, I'm thankful our son constantly questions authority. He is indeed developing into a free and questioning thinker.

I'm thankful that I live in swimming hole heaven. We have so many really good swimming spots, river, lake and salt chuck.

I'm thankful that our son has turned his grief over his lost physical abilities into a passion for music and is becoming a fine musician.

I'm thankful that my sweetheart and I both have sagittarius rising, which has meant years of adventure and interesting experiences. We would be a lot better off financially if we had stayed put and not started over so many times in so many places, but we certainly would not have had such an enriched life.

I'm sure I'll think of more.

Good thread Jenna.

I am thankful for my family's support, they are really always behind me, in everything I do.

I am thankful that my Abigale has been seizure free for almost a month.

I am thankful for the little dog that is laying so close to me right now, just so she can smell my skin.

I am thankful for Abi being able to play on the v.smile right now, 4 months ago she was frustrated with learning the abc's now she is beating the games.

I am thankful for my husband, everyday he tells me he loves me more than the day before. And I can look in his eyes and tell that he does.

I am thankful for my parents. My mom's health is poor, but she smiles and lives each day to the fullest. My stepdad is losing his hearing but he still plays with the grandkids and loves like everything is perfect.

I am thankful for the teachers and staff at Abi's school. They are working with her to help her be a better student, and a more confident person overall.

I am thankful that I am getting my teachers aid certificate in the sping and going back to work next year. I have a place in my heart for the special ed program, I know I can make a difference there.

I am thankful for my band doc, he is the best. Without his support I would be lost sometimes.

Of course I am thankful for my band, it has saved my life.

I am thankful for my LBT family, and there are a special group that is always there, you guys know who you are.

It may be strange but I am thankful for a certain neighbor, she always has a smile and a hug for Abi, she is like an extra grandma for her.

I am thankful that my Hobbes kitty is not suffering anymore, he passed away from cancer last week and is over the rainbow bridge now.

Last, I am thankful for my health, is not perfect but it is what I have been given, and like my mom I try to live each day to the fullest.

I am thankful for the local animal shelter that brought us together with our new kitty, Billy, he is almost 30 pounds and is polydactyl. He also has a huge MIckey Mouse marking on his back. Already falling in love.

I am sure I will have more, but that's all I have for now.

~Mandy

Some more........

I'm thankful for the rain. I feel fortunate to live in an area where Water is plentiful. It's pouring at the moment which is nice after an exceptionally dry summer.

I'm thankful for my wonderful working situation. There are 5 of us and we all adore each other.

I'm thankful for all the pets I've had over the years. They are a vehicle for the expression of love.

I am thankful that I love myself enough to get banded and to start living the life I deserve.

I am thankful for God in my life.

I am thankful for my family and the 2 beautiful children I have.

I am thankful for my supportive husband who forgave me after I had an affair last year.

I am thankful for good health.

I am thankful for my life in general.

Thanks for the thread.

I'm thankful for my sons, who as adults are such great people and support me in my struggle to lose weight while loving me as I am.

I'm thankful for my parents and my sister, who is my best friend as well as my sister.

I'm thankful that I just got my bankruptcy discharge and can begin again with a clean slate and a determination to stay out of debt.

I'm thankful for my work situation...I have a great boss, and since there's only two of us in the office, it's wonderful that we get along so well.

I'm thankful that I still have my mom, although she's getting really frail.

I'm thankful for my faith and the way I've seen God work in my life.

Emily

There are so many things that I'm thankful for, where to begin?

I am thankful for my faith and that I feel God working in my life.

I am thankful for the bad childhood and that I have overcome it and it made me a better person.

I am thankful for my marriage. I had 10 wonderful years full of love.

I'm thankful for my wonderful children which gives me love everyday of my life. It's hard to state the love I have for them.

i'm so thankful that they both grewup great people!

I'm thankful that they both have good spouses that love them and that they are both happy.

I'm so thankful to have my 5 grandchildren, who gives me so much love and joy!

I am thankful that I had many years with my mom before she died.

I'm thankful that my mom had at least 5 happy years of life before she died. She met a wonderful man while she was in her 60's. She was able to travel and have nice things and be loved each and everyday.

I'm thankful for my two loving cats.

I'm thankful for my appartment and the area that I live. I live on the Water and everytime I go out I look at the beautiful area and smile.

I'm thankful for living so close to my son and grandchildren.

I'm thankful for my health.

I'm so thankful for the band. I know it will begin to work very soon.

I'm thankful for this forum and for all the people here.

I know there are many more items that I am thankful for but I better stop for now!

I am thankful that nobody else likes the cranberry sauce in my family since it will be the only thing I will be able to eat.

I am thankful for my faith in God.

I am thankful for my terrific family, I have the best Mom and Dad.

I am thankful that my Dad is a Cancer survivor and going strong.

I am thankful for 3 beautiful wonderful grandsons who are my joy.

I am thankful I can send my 3 amazing grandsons home after a crazy weekend...lol

I am thankful I can still work, get around and make a living.

I am thankful for cool weather after summers brutal heat.

I am thankful for writers/authors cause I can't live without books.< /p>

I am thankful for the comfort of pj's, and soft fluffy blankets.

I am thankful for the rare occaisional Dr Pepper that I sneak. hehe

I am thankful that my poochies are always happy to see me.

I am ever thankful that I could go on and on....... :)