Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

burn in the throat/esophagus

Alrighty, about 5 days ago I started burning in the throat/esophagus.

When I tried to describe it to my doc today, I said throat and he said that

has nothing to do with the band, and then I tried to tell him it did, it is

hard to pinpoint where these things hurt.

He basically argues with me about anything I say to him!

It has something to do with this band, I can tell. I've never had this -

except once. For 9 months they thought it was gerd and tried all that.

Then a homeopath figured out that I had a yeast infection that settled

in my throat! of all places. 2 weeks of nystatin and I was fine.

After all the meds and the endoscopy!

So. For 5 days I've had this burn, and now I'll go see my g.p.

(surgeon is 8 hours away) I made an appt with the surgeon

for 10 days from now.

Anyone else experienced this just as a minor problem? I read the major

ones and I don't want to go there!!!!

aggravated. and burning.

Hello, I am experiencing what I would describe as a burning sensation in the back of my throat as well. I have not talked to the doc about it yet, as I forgot when I went for my last fill.

The things I have noticed about it are - it only started 2 fills ago when I started noticing that my fill was a lot tighter

I relate it a bit to reflux and have taken (my husbands) Nexium for it and that has provided relief. It doesn't hurt as such, it is more of a burning sensation (discomfort). Sometimes I have woken in the middle of the night (hours and hours after eating) and I have experienced it. The instances of it happening are lesser, as I get used to this current fill level.

I am going to ask the doc in a fortnight, when I have an appointment for another fill.

Brenda

I've had it and I directly relate it to being a little overfilled and getting a little reflux. After I got a slight unfill it sort of went away, but gets worse if I overeat a little. Again, I call it reflux. My original band surgeon also argued with me about calling it reflux because I wasn't choking or vomiting in my sleep, but when I got a 2nd opinion I was told that reflux comes in many forms and just because you're not vomiting or choking doesn't mean you're not getting a little acid refluxing up into your esophagus.

Tricks for helping reflux: do not allow yourself to remain overfilled/too tight

sleep with your head elevated

Don't eat after 7 p.m.-the goal is to go to bed with nothing in your pouch

Drink a glass of Water before bedtime (helps flush out your pouch)

*disclaimer: this was reflux for me, but that doesn't mean that's what it is for you. Let your doctor know all of your symptoms as well as what aggrevates/relieves the condition.

i was banded 11/07 and still only have 1/2 ml of saline.. yes half a ml. Staying at the same weight now for over a year, which is frustrating. Just have days during PMS that I can hardly eat without it coming back up, been scared to get more put in. I'm on here now b/c of burning sensation in my throat. Calling the dr. tomorrow, but he fixed a hiatal hernia when he placed the lapband.. so i would hope it isn't a reflux problem. Just can't afford the price it takes to unfill/fill to see if that is the problem. Any other suggestions?