Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi everyone, my surgery is scheduled for July 23 and I'm starting to get a little nervous Janis

Hi Janis. I think it is normal to be a little nervous. I really was scared. I wish I had found this board before my surgery. I was banded on 5-6-04 and have lost 29lbs. My first goal is to be under 200lbs. Just 19lbs to go. This board is great and has really helped me a lot. Best wishes...Janie

Hi Janis,

It is perfectly understandable to be nervous, trust me I was very nervous especially on surgery day. I cried all the way into the operating room. I am a total wimp and baby. BUT, I am SO happy I did it now you wouldn't even believe it. The healing really isn't horrible. I had a broken ankle once and not only was the surgery several hours longer than the lapband surgery but I was wheel chair bound for an entire SUMMER because of it. I couldn't even get out my front door without assistance. With the band you might feel lazy and a little under the weather for a couple of days but it gets better and better. Things improve significantly as your food options get broader too. You will do fine. Try to relax and keep your mind occupied for the next couple of weeks. Best wishes to you, Teresa

Dr. Lopez

5/8/04

362/322.8/?

Down 39.4 lbs with no fills!

WHOO HOO!! Come on July 23rd. ANother banded person. Welcome on board.

Teresa, I cried all the way to the operating room also. But it was happy tears because I felt that was the moment that my life was definitely changing for the better. And I haven't changed my mind yet.

Janice, you'll do great! Now's the time to load up on extra paper towels, toilet paper, groceries, frozen dinners for the family, a good variety of juices and teas for you. Wash up all your clothes. Just think, this will be the last time for many of them. As you become sleek and healthier, those clothes will soon be labeled for a charity donation. You'll have more room in your closet for new SMALLER clothes.

Thanks everyone for all your good wishes and support. I am so glad my Dr's office told me about this forum - everyone is so helpful. ;)

Hi,

My surgery was 2 weeks ago. It was much easier than I anticipated. I found the liquid diet one week before and two weeks after to be more of an inconvenience than the discomfort of surgery. Hang in there. It will be worth it.;)

I have to go into surgery this coming Friday, myself and I understand the apprehension. Personally, I find that thanking my higher power for the opportunity helps me tremendously. I really am thankful that I have been allowed this opportunity to better my life, my health etc. So many others have not.

I will be re-positioning my band, due to slippage. I understand the surgery is about the same, but I'm 60lbs lighter than a year ago, so hopefully I'll recover more quickly.

Good luck to you and congrats on being allowed this opportunity. ;)

Leatha

Plano, Texas

250/190/who cares?

I also have 2 weeks to go. ahhhhhh! that is crazy, i'm really excited and also nervous. I cannot wait for things to be different. the wait is horrible....I've been researching and thinking about the band for over a half-year.;)

Janice and Kalilyn, Congratulations! Gail and Leatha, Best of luck! Leatha, I do think your second surgery will be easier for you. You are at a healthier point in your life than you were 60 lbs. ago. You'll all be in my prayers for a safe and minimum pain surgery.

Your not alone, I was very scared before my surgery date which was 6/17/04. Recovery is pretty fast and I was back to work in a few days. I did not take any pain medicine only tylenlol which worked fine for me. Do not be scared of the surgery because it is not bad at all.

For me, the first two weeks after surgery are the hardest. I was

on liquids for two weeks. I started getting very depressed and sad that I made the decision to do this. I was feeling very sorry for myself and not doing well mentally. I sat through two BBQ's

(Father's Day & July 4th) which was very stupid of me. My family would have understood if I did not attend. Sitting around food and sipping Water was tough.

Well let me tell you that I am down 25 pounds in 3 1/2 weeks and I cannot be more thrilled. I could have never ever done this without the band. I am so happy I made this decision and I am looking forward to the future. I have not been adjusted yet but my doctor is very happy with my progress. I still have a long way to go but I am very happy I made this decision.

This web site is awsome and gives you a lot of advice and ideas. It is much better to speak to the people who actually had this surgery and can give you first hand information.

Good luck and don't be scared! It will all be worth it trust me. I have been obese all my life and this is the first time I feel I just may make it after all.

Regards,

Gina

Hi Janis

3 more days and you will be officially banded. Just wanted to let you know I was thinking of you...hope all goes grea for you on the 23rd...

Let us all know how things went when you are feeling up to it!

Good Luck Janis. You have found a great group of very knowledgable and supportive people.

We will be looking forward to hearing how your Banding experience goes as well as to help you get through any rough spots and help you Celebrate your successes.

Take Care, everything will work out fine.

Good Luck Janis and Kiley!!!! I was just banded on June 30th and was a nervous wreck prior to having surgery! I think it would be pretty strange if you weren't nervous! Soon it will all be behind you and I hope you will love being in bandland as much as I do! I did go through some ups and downs emotionally after surgery as food was such a HUGE part of my life before but I adjusted pretty quickly and have found a lot of joy in being in control and watching the pounds fall off! Wishing you the best...

Darcy