Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello lovelies!

So I've had a lot of time to think about the surgery, I won't be getting it until April 2014.At first I was like pshhtt i need this surgery yesterday, and i still really want it but I've just been coming to terms with all the less-glamorous parts of WLS.. what is or was you guys biggest fear going into your surgery?

Mine is that I will still crave greasy fatty foods after my sleeve, and eat myself back into a hole

another is that I won't even be able to handle the pre-op diet let alone the rest of my life

last is that I will feel tortured by the new lifestyle and wish I never had it done >____<

i think I have a decent level of self-control but I got myself to this point in the first place so really how much can I trust myself?

Not losing the weight or being able to follow a sensible diet were definite fears but also what if something goes wrong during surgery? what if i alter or risk my life and put my family in financial and emotional or even physical distress ?

Okay...valid fears for sure. But let me throw something out. Are any of your fears worth how you feel right now? Meaning, you will have a lot to over come (some of these fears and some you haven't even thought about). But what's the end game? You'll be healthier, you'll look better, you will definitely FEEL better and you can go out and buy wicked swag. I'd bet all that and a bag of fat free Doritos that those things outweigh all the fears you can come up with. Will you crave..yep,..will the pre-op suck..depends, but probably...tortured..not so much, and every time you step on a scale or buy that swag, you won't even worry about that....The sleeve is a tool, you have to work it to make it work for you, but the benefits are life changing. Every journey starts with that first step, don't be afraid to take it!

I dont have too much in the way of fear, but I am a little scared of not following the diet totally correctly, or trying to push myself before I am ready. I did a lot of research on surgeons and found one that comes highly recommended, and I have gone through one surgery with him already (gallbladder removal) and had no pain after day 2. he also does internal stitches so the scarring will be minimal if I have any at all. Whatever your fears are, talk to your doctor, your nutritionist and your support group...if you still have the fears, talk to friends or family. The surgery is a huge lifestyle change, embrace it and know that you will be helping yourself to a better healthier and happier you!