Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I had reflux before surgery and going out I had h pylori when I had my EGD done. That is a bacteria that causes ulcers n causes reflux. I treated that before surgery. I have has 3 incidents of reflux since surgery. They will give u Prilosec after surgery. It's great!!!!

Oh wow. I've heard about H Pylori!! It's a horrible thing! I also heard its the biggest cause of stomach cancer. Wow I hope it's all gone now . How did you treat and does it go away for ever after treatment? Also , how did you find out you had H pylori? I had an endoscopy done August of 2011 and they only said I had a small hiatal hernia and to not eat before going. To sleep or have chocolate & fried foods! My endoscopy doc said he didn't see any reason to test me for the bacteria because my stomach was intact. I've just never felt well about him not Testing me. Anyway hopefully that's not what causes my bad reflux. They said it was Manley because I had the hernia. :(

It's treated with 2 different antibiotics and prilosec twice a day. Yes it is gone after treatment. My stomach is intact as well. I never had an ulcer or hernia. It's tested by taking a biopsy while doing the EGD. It's a very common bacteria. Yes it does contribute to stomach cancer if left untreated. After I treated it I had no more acid reflux.

Sp happy for you! Thanks for the info!

Im too on the waiting process. I have to go to my pulmonary appt...and the worst part is waiting to get approved by my insurance . I need to loose 17 additional lbs before my doctor can do the surgery on me. Any advice????

Hi everyone' date='

I started my WLS journey a month ago and I have to admit , I'm terrified! So scared of not having a full stomach and how life will be after surgery. I'm 5'3 320 pounds . Suffering from GERD & Hiatal hernia. There's days I can control my GERD but times when everything I eat comes up or acid . In my mind the only way I can get this hernia thing done and lose the weight is going through with the WLS. At times I just want to get the hernia fixed on its own and try and see if I can lose the weight on my own.. It just terrifies me the fact that I won't have a normal stomach. Any advice? :([/quote']

I think u and the rest of us have to realize that to get something u never had u have to do something u never did. Lets get healthy!:)

I think u and the rest of us have to realize that to get something u never had u have to do something u never did. Lets get healthy!:)

I know that's right.. I need motivation...its so hard when not everyone around me is supportive .having a great support system can go along way