Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Kinda Down...Need to Vent :(

Okay, so I had surgery on the 19th and I guess I'm just still really swollen but I hate food. I don't want to eat and it hurts when I do. The only time I can force myself to eat is after I take pain medicine. I'm not hungry, I just don't want food ever. I'm worried that it's going to affect my weight loss because I'm not taking in enough calories and I don't want my body to go into starvation mode. It's just really frustrating. The only thing I like is Water and I drink it when I can but everything else is terrible. Food doesn't even taste very good anymore. Is this ever going to go away or am I just stuck this way? If I can take in enough calories to get my body out of starvation mode then I guess I can lose a lot of weight but this does pretty much suck.

:(

It'll get better, we were sleeved on the same day. I saw my nut on monday and was released to eat most anything, but still don't want to eat alot. She told me to increase my calories because I was only getting in about 350-450 day and to eat every 3-4 hrs. so I set an alarm on my phone to remind me to eat. I can only eat about 2 oz. of anything. I just had 2 slices of ham w/ 1/2 a wedge of laughing cow cheese for dinner and am feeling it. But I lost 15 lbs. and 7" as of monday, so I think the calories to play a roll. Just try to find something that tastes good and that your tummy can handle, even if it's just Soup. Hang in there girl....you can do this.

I was sleeved on 12/18 and am doing pretty well with getting Protein in. I have to believe your situation will improve. I have experienced a lot of regret since doing this and today when i went for my follow up and got cleared for puree and all activity it's about the best I have felt. You just have to give your body time to heal and everyone is different. Just try to get fluids in as much as possible because dehydration, even slight, will cause lots of problems. Hang in there!!!

Yeah, I'm still not feeling any regret. I know I will lose weight which is what I wanted originally because I'm not hungry and I literately have to force myself to eat. I'm hopeful, just frustrated with the pain. I have some kidney issues and the best thing for me is Water, I used to hate it and not be able to drink plain water at all and now it's the only thing I want to put in my mouth. That alone is worth doing the surgery for me because it will GREATLY improve my condition. That was God giving me a break and I'm very appreciative for it :)

Hello, I really appreciate being able to read this. I am scheduled for January 30th. How did you feel the 1st couple of days? I have an event 2 days after surgery, and I am wondering if i will be able to ride in the car for an hour and 1/2. It really isn't an event. I need to go my nephews hockey game and it is Sr. night (very important for our family) I know it sounds crazy but if I don't think I can go I will move the surgery out a week..any thoughts?

Hello, I really appreciate being able to read this. I am scheduled for January 30th. How did you feel the 1st couple of days? I have an event 2 days after surgery, and I am wondering if i will be able to ride in the car for an hour and 1/2. It really isn't an event. I need to go my nephews hockey game and it is Sr. night (very important for our family) I know it sounds crazy but if I don't think I can go I will move the surgery out a week..any thoughts?

I think you will physically be able to go, but I doubt you will feel like it. If you want to go and have a great time you may want to postpone. You'll feel pretty out of it for a while and cars aren't your friend at first, you feel every single bump. Good luck!

Spunkielor-it really depends. I was out and about 2 days after surgery with no issues. I tired easily and got nauseous here and there but otherwise good. Some people are good, some have pain, etc. you will really need to wait and see. Good luck!

Hello' date=' I really appreciate being able to read this. I am scheduled for January 30th. How did you feel the 1st couple of days? I have an event 2 days after surgery, and I am wondering if i will be able to ride in the car for an hour and 1/2. It really isn't an event. I need to go my nephews hockey game and it is Sr. night (very important for our family) I know it sounds crazy but if I don't think I can go I will move the surgery out a week..any thoughts?[/quote']

Day is surgery that night was fine anesthesia was still there

Day after surgery I felt like hell - so much pain ride home was horrible

Day 3 today- feeling pretty good but wouldn't want to ride in a car yet

Becky-hang in there. I can eat but I don't really like it and am more afraid than anything. I'm still getting a lot of my calories and Protein through drinking. Are you getting your protein in? On a positive note, you don't need to worry about dehydration :)

I had a very easy surgery with minimal pain but I don't think I would have felt like an hour drive after a few days. Your body will be healing and you will want to rest.

Everyone is such an inspiration and I am so glad i found this site..so many questions get answered..thanks so much

Becky--

Hang in there, you will get through this. I was sleeved on the 12th and have struggled getting in Protein as I have had my fill of shakes. The sweetness was killing me. I have tried a few other things. I bought some zero carb Isopure from GNC. It tastes like a sour Kool-Aid. No creamy sweetness like a shake. It is a big bottle (20 ounces) but it has the consistency of Water so maybe you can get it down. Take it day by day!