Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

dec 25 was my 6 mo surgery anniversary. ive lost 139lbs. here are some of my confessions:

i never weigh myself at home

if i want something thats sweet or fried or greasy i eat a small amt without guilt

i drink regular coffee on occasion

i still see a very fat woman when i look in the mirror

i miss shopping at lane bryant because all the salespeople knew me

i watch my 600lb life marathons on tv and cry

i cry when i see old pictures of myself

i miss being able to eat and drink at the same

ditto, ditto and ditto!!!

thanks for sharing! I am now only a month a a few days away from my surgery and i find myself thinking about what life is going to be like after surgery more and more! I live in New Orleans and EVERYTHING is related to food. so i am a bit scared... another thing that scares me is I have 215 lbs to lose before i am "normal" I WANT to be normal!!! but 215lbs is an adult and a child that i have to lose! I dont want to go thur this surgery and still be obese!!

thanks for sharing! I am now only a month a a few days away from my surgery and i find myself thinking about what life is going to be like after surgery more and more! I live in New Orleans and EVERYTHING is related to food. so i am a bit scared... another thing that scares me is I have 215 lbs to lose before i am "normal" I WANT to be normal but 215lbs is an adult and a child that i have to lose! I dont want to go thur this surgery and still be obese!!

you are welcome and i live in alabama and everything here is related to food too

My confessions:

I weigh myself every day.

I drink coffee every day, but just one large mug in the morning.

I now hate the taste of plain Water (loved it before), so i drink iced tea all day long.

I eat some sweets without guilt, but I don't allow myself to go overboard. I cannot eat greasy foods. Thank goodness.

I want to run up to every heavy person I see and tell them about this surgery, but I don't. I do tell anyone any chance I get though, if I think it will help them or someone else.

I don't cry when I see pictures of my fat self, but I get so excited when I see pictures of my skinny self!

I stop in my tracks when I approach large plate glass doors or windows, amazed at my own reflection.

I feel out of place shopping in the front of the clothing stores! I'm supposed to have to walk for half a mile and ask someone where the Plus size section is located!

I think everything everywhere is related to food.

Confessions:

1) I still crave fried foods from time to time, I eat it alittle without guilt (if I eat too much it makes me ill, which I love)

2) In the days I workout I eat more times a day without guilt (I'm working to stop doing that)

3) I still enjoy starbucks coffee when I want, I just plan to drink it on days I workout

4) I still enjoy wine and other spirits without guilt, I just plain to drink it on days I workout

5) I love the fact that I can pass on sweets now, doesnt phase me anymore, esspecially when I've ran out of room in charlie (my sleeve)

6) My support group is my anchor, those ladies and gents I meet with every month have no idea how important they are in keeping me positive and focused on my journey

7) I still love potatoes

8) I still see my pre-sleeve face in the mirror

9) I sometimes forget that I am 5 sizes smaller and pick up some of the old clothes I have to wear

10) When I wash my new clothes I get scared that they've shrunk and I cant wear them anymore....then I put them on and they still fit

11) I rather goto the gym than happy hour with my co-workers

I am only 2 weeks post op and I so appreciate you all sharing your confessions.