Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

complications at 6 months out?

Yesterday I had what was thought to be a gallbladder attack. I experienced a quick onset of severe chest pain, shortness of breath, tingling in my hands and arms, and sweating. It was very scary. I ended up calling 911 because I could not get a hold of anyone to take me to the ER. While in the ER, they ruled out all cardiac issues, as well as blood clots. All of my blood work was normal. The PA said to get a hida scan to check gallbladder functionality. I had an EGD and ultrasound a few months ago for a similar, but not as severe, problem.

The chest pain finally went away 15 hours later but I'm left with a dull, but extreme, soreness throughout my upper body. It hurts to walk, just from my weight pulling on my rib cage and back. I haven't eaten much today but, when I have, I've felt a new pain. It's like I can feel the food traveling down my esophagus and shortly after it hits my stomach I feel a quick sharp pain. So while I'm eating I get waves of these pains.

I'm 6 months post-op so I know the risk of a leak is slim to none but when I told my mom (an RN) about this new pain today she's now thinking it's something sleeved related. Plus, all of the symptoms I've had go for both gallbladder and sleeve problems. Has anyone heard of (or had) complications at 6 months out? What about gallstones? Are these symptoms accurate?

By the way, I'm calling for my hida scan in the morning (office was closed for the holiday). And after that, I will call my surgeon. I had to include that because I know that's usually the first response people get on here. lol Just looking for other experiences. I've searched a little through the boards and haven't found anything that helps.

I can't confirm the feeling/pain your having is due to gallstones. I had my gallbladder removed years before my sleeve surgery. I hope you feel better soon. Keep us posted.

This to me sounds like gallbladder issues. Talk to your surgeon about an abdominal ultrasound (surprised they didn't do it in er). Upper chest area pain is common with gallbladder issues. I thought I was having a heart attack, turned out to be gallbladder. Was worse than having my son!

Wishing you pain free and some answers!

Sent from my iPhone using VST

So I'm not going to be able to have my hida scan until Monday. I hope this pain goes away before then.

So I'm not going to be able to have my hida scan until Monday. I hope this pain goes away before then.

Did they give you any pain medication?

Sent from my iPhone using VST