Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ok. I know everyone is different but please tell me I'm not the only one who feels frustrated by this:

Now, as I have done in the past, have lost 23 lbs. Yeah me, right? Well, how come I don't go down a size. I know that my pants fit better than they did before but............................

Last year a friend and I both did WW. We both lost approx 25 lbs. My pants felt looser, she went down THREE SIZES. It is very frustrating!!!!

Anyone know whats up with that? It stinks!

OK, done with my rant.

Good luck to you all on your journey, hope its a smooth one

Three Beauties

While frustrating, hang in there, everyone carries their weight differently so may take a few more pounds lost to go down a size. You're on the right track though!

I feel you because although I have lost 79 pounds I still wear the same size. Yes I have lost inches but not enought to go down another size and look neat.

We all carry our weight diffrently and because I have a big belly it is going to affect the size of my tops and pants because everything has to fit in the waist. Oh I can buy a smaller bra....yippee....not.

How about exercising? Are you guys doing that also?

I have been going to curves and I think that if it wasn't for curves I would not be a size 14. I started out a 26 13 months ago. It does feel like I have been in a 14 for ever though. Hang in there your all doing great. All of a sudden one day you will look and you'll be down 2 size!

It depends were you carry your weight mine is in my bottom half so people bigger than me fit into a smaller size pants I will never be small from waist done I have huge a>> and legs and that is where I carry me weight. Even when I was anorexic I still had huge legs genetics rules.

Lots of things can play a role. The amount of weight you have to lose. If she lost 40% of her weight and you lost 5%, she's going to move through more sizes. If that's not the case, remember that people lose weight in different places. It took me about 50 lbs to move into a smaller pant size because I was losing in my upper body first. Maybe you're losing in an area that isn't evident in sizes yet. Are you taking measurements or just going by the scale?

I have the majority of my weight right in the middle. I have a big belly and relatively thin legs.

Clothes always look horrible on me. In order for pants to fit around the belly I have to get a big size but then I could fit another person in the butt and legs part. For shirts, I have to get a big size to button around the belly button but then the shoulders are falling off.

Maternity always looked on me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I wish I could still wear them (of course, eveyone would say to me "any day now, huh"), believe me, I've heard it.

Keep up the work everyone!

Yes everyone carries their weight differently. Been there, done that.

Of the 200 pounds I have lost in fifteen months, I did not budge a size

untill I was about three months out and had lost about 50-75 pounds.

However when you hit that point, look out. You won't be able to keep up with it, and what a feeling. Thats when the momentum, and the motivation really kicked in for me.:biggrin1:

CONGRATS on your wonderful success!!!!! 200 lbs in 15 months is quick! Has your head caught up with your body?

Your reply almost made me cry, I am so happy for you and thank you for giving me something to look forward to!!!!

I think 50 lbs must be the magic number. The first pounds came off my neck, chin and back. Yes - those lovely back rolls go first for me. This is a good thing - but it's much better to FINALLY be into a size down. Only now when I am nearing the big 300 on my scale can I finally fit into that size 30 (vs 32, 34) clothing again.

It will happen - eventually - it will happen.

Hugs!

At first it took 35 or 40 pounds to drop into a smaller size. I was also wearing my clothing too tight so I should have been in a 24 but was squeezing into a 22. So really I lost into the 22's and then into the 20's before I had to actually buy a smaller size. Now every 10 or so pounds makes a size difference. I am in a 12 or a stretch 11jr. ~Mandy

Maybe the plus size clothing allows more room for weight gain and weight loss. For example, I'm wearing a size 22/24 and weigh 326. I'm just barely wearing that size, but refuse to buy 26/28 since I'm getting banned in December. However, I wore a size 22/24 (they were baggy) three years ago when I weighed 270. So, I know that I probably won't get to the coveted 18/20 size until I'm under 270 and that's okay.

Bottom line, I think people who are in smaller sizes can drop a size just by losing 10-15 pounds. But, it takes more weight loss for the bigger sizes.

Barb

Its slow going at first but what the others have said is right, it totally depends on what proportion of your weight that 23lb was. When you have a lot to lose it doesnt make a lot of difference, when you get closer to goal it starts to get expensive because every 10lb means you've gone down a size or so.

It does also depend how you carry your weight.

I've lost almost 60 lbs and I just made it into a smaller size. I'm beginning to think that I was wearing my clothes WAAAYYYYY too tight when I was at my highest. I was wearing 20 pants and 22 shirts. Now I can wear 18 pants -- comfortably -- and 16 shirts (and the buttons don't gap!). Yep....I lose it in my chest first! Oh, joy........

Maybe the plus size clothing allows more room for weight gain and weight loss. For example, I'm wearing a size 22/24 and weigh 326. I'm just barely wearing that size, but refuse to buy 26/28 since I'm getting banned in December. However, I wore a size 22/24 (they were baggy) three years ago when I weighed 270. So, I know that I probably won't get to the coveted 18/20 size until I'm under 270 and that's okay.

Bottom line, I think people who are in smaller sizes can drop a size just by losing 10-15 pounds. But, it takes more weight loss for the bigger sizes.

Barb

I think this is true. I remember having to lose lots before moving down a size when I was in the upper plus sizes. Now I can lose 5 or 10 pounds and go down a size.