Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

4 days out and having second thoughts

Felt exactly the same way around the 3rd or 4th day. It's the WTF did I do to my body mode. It will get better and soon you will be like what surgery???

Hey my name is Nikki I'm 28 and I'm 4 days post surgery I'm having second thoughts I think maybe I made the wrong decision I'm in a lot more discomfort then I expected I'm having a hard time Intaking I feel really full and I don't want to drink my Protein Shake I know this is something I really wanted to do and I thought I was prepared but now idk is there any advise anyone can give me it would be much appreciated I don't have anyone in my life that has been sleeved so I don't know anywhere else to turn

Thank you

Wow, you are sooo where I was. I was sleeved on Dec 28th. I had a terrible reaction to the Protein Shakes that the RNs insisted I drink first. I learned that I became lactose intolerant after my surgery, which is not uncommon. While I was in the hospital I was visiting the restroom every hour. Lucky for the nurses my physician husband roomed with me the entire time and helped out. When I got home, the first night I had to go to the restroom every 20 mins. Cold and in pain, I could not sleep. Uggghhh! I too thought "I made a terrible mistake. I want to be thinner but I want to feel healthy too". Guess what, the next day I got some lactose free Protein Powder to mix in Lactose free milk, and I started to feel much better. Took time to take the Protein, sipped Water and Snapple constantly. By 7 days out, I felt like a new woman. Slept better, more energy, and once the staples came out, the discomfort diminished considerably. So hang in there! IT WILL GET BETTER. You definitely made the right choice. This is a marathon, not a sprint. Nice and slow is the way to do it. I found this iPhone App by accident. What a happy accident! Being able to read and enter posts really helps. Thanks and God Bless.

Thank you everyone I just hope this feeling goes away soon

Yes u should not be worrying out Protein yet. That is too soon!!

Hey my name is Nikki I'm 28 and I'm 4 days post surgery I'm having second thoughts I think maybe I made the wrong decision I'm in a lot more discomfort then I expected I'm having a hard time Intaking I feel really full and I don't want to drink my Protein Shake I know this is something I really wanted to do and I thought I was prepared but now idk is there any advise anyone can give me it would be much appreciated I don't have anyone in my life that has been sleeved so I don't know anywhere else to turn

Thank you

I felt exactly like you the first week. I was miserable and full of regret. It definitely gets better. The first week is really hard. You hurt, you are hungry, and its hard to comprehend how sleeved life will be. But after you can start on full liquid and soft foods it all gets better. Just give yourself some time to adjust and recover. Once you feel better and start losing it will be all uphill. Good luck! And feel free to contact me at anytime if I can help.

OMG I'm so glad I found this site. My surgery is 2/5/13 and I'm already feeling very nervous about my decision.

Hey if u need a buddy I'm here for u

I saw a friend 2 days ago that saw me 2 days post op still in the hospital. I am 6 weeks post op now. First thing she told me: you look amazing! And then she asked if I still regretted getting sleeved. I guess I went on a whole rant in the hospital about how this was the worst decision of my life, that I would fail, that its not worth it. And I told her: no, I feel almost normal now. I do not regret this :) it was the best thing I've done for myself

Im 2 weeks out and my staples are out and I just started mushy food I feel almost back to normal and Im finally happy with my decision it's still really hard I'm not getting my Protein Shakes in barely staying hydrated I mean I'm drinking but no where near what I'm supposed to but all in all I feel good a lot better then the day I wrote this thank you everyone for your support

Hey if u need a buddy I'm here for u

I would absolutely love a buddy!!

Would b nice knowing what to expect first hand. Hope u r feeling well