Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm 2 days post op staying with my mother. I wish I had given this more thought.. she is not doing anything like a caregiver. if i ask her to do anything she says in supposed to be the one walking. she constantly is/ yelling at me about stupid stuff but that's how she is on a regular basis.I just wish I had a better care giver who would understand my pains and get rid of the tough love she is so used to giving..

has anyone one else gone thru this

I understand we should be walking but I have been bending gettin up getting down found way too much.. advice please

Sorry your going through this. I am send up prayers for you and your mom. Yes you need to walk but it comes in bits at first, a little more tomorrow than today and so forth.

Walk,walk,sip,sip really is the key to feeling better but sure does help to have those around you be understanding and caring, {Hugs} hope your up and around soon and feeling well cared for.

She may think she is actually helping you more by not helping?

I'm not in your shoes so really don't know.

My surgeon was sure to make himself extremely clear that all of his lapband and vsg patients have no restrictions after surgery and dismissal from the hospital. None. They should immediately resume regular activities including driving and going back to work. No fussing, no excuses (with the exception of a real medical issue requiring action).

He is a tough love type of surgeon. Some people are probably wired that way.

I'm sorry you are not getting what you need at this time and hope that you are feeling stronger again soon.

2 days post op staying with my mother - constantly is/ yelling at me

mzrich

man oh man, dealing with normal pain post WLS - not getting much physical help/support - problems with mom, you need this like a hole in the head :angry:

walking will help you feel better, solve gas problems if you have- don't push it though - go at your own pace

maybe mom will let up as she sees you walking a bit - but if you are too tired don't push yourself, no matter what mom says !!!!

is mom helping at your house/apt - or are you at her place??

if you are there - maybe just go home if she's only giving you grief :(

if she is local - can you "NICELY" say to her something like - "i think it would be better for both of us, if i continued to recup on my own"

what do you think, can you stand up to her like that????

sending sympathy your way :)

good luck

speedy recovery

All I know is, thank god I stayed in the hospital an extra day - I had my sleeve on Friday, and Saturday, I just felt to nauseated to do anything - every time I got up I felt sick. Turns out I was drinking too much and I needed to learn this from my surgeon. Anyway I felt much better this am and I'm home now. Hope things get better for you!!

thank you all for your advice. I'm staying at her place for the time being and I have a another care giver on stand by if it continues to be too much... i just can't wait to be done this phase.

thank you all for your advice. I'm staying at her place for the time being and I have a another care giver on stand by if it continues to be too much... i just can't wait to be done this phase.

You don't need the added stress right now! This will not help with the new tools you need to mentally develop to succeed. If my mom acted like she did when I was younger it would drive me to continue to be the old person! Once you really start dealing with the diet you will need that person that will comfort you and say, you can do this! Not the person that will say well, it was ur decision but doing this! Your prob better off on your own with another caregiver stopping by.

Good luck either way!!!! Stay positive and focused!

Sent from my iPhone using VST

Sorry you are going through this. Before the week is over you will be able to care for yourself hopefully!!My husband took two weeks off to help me. By day 3 I was ready for him to go back to work lol! Mom sounds like she is trying to encourage you to heal faster by moving around and doing for yourself. Maybe an extra day in hostipal would have helped. Unless you is having medical issues there should be no need for another caregiver. Everyone heals differently. Hopefully you will have speedy recovery and can go home soon to finish recovering. My prayer, is that I will never have to depend on others and be healthy because no one take care of me like me!!!! I pray your mom will be kinder and more compassion, when you not feeling well the last thing you need is someone yelling at you! Good luck and be encouraged!