Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Wondering how often and how long you exercise pre-op and post-op. does it increase because its easier or does it decrease because the sleeve is working so well?

Before surgery I worked out a LOT. I did everything from aqua aerobics, cable classes, yoga, circuit training...jogged on the treadmill and lifted free weights. I could work out every single day for an hour or two (I like exercising!), but my body would not let go of the excess weight!

I know exercising when I was pre-op was a very good decision. I was fit, but fat. All my numbers (excluding weight) were perfect, which the doctors told me was because of my working out. They also told me it would help my body heal quicker.

I just started exercising again, today. Nearly 8 weeks post-op. Exercising felt the same as before, but I had lost a lot of my stamina and found myself short of breath. It'll come back though. I did 15 minutes of strenuous cardio (my body wouldn't let me do anymore), and about 45 minutes of weight training.

To answer your questions, exercising will get easier the more you do it. It won't necessarily become easy just because you've been sleeved. It takes practice. You might hop on the elliptical and find it impossible to even make 5 minutes. The more you try, the better you'll get and you'll soon be able to go 45 minutes...no problem!

I don't think your exercising will (or should) decrease just because the sleeve is doing it's job. If anything, it should increase! Exercising will make your body healthy and will help you gain muscle. If you just rely on the sleeve, you will lose weight, yes. But, you will also lose muscle. You'll be skinny, but flabby...if that makes sense?

I hope that helps a little!

You should probably take it a little easy the first couple or few weeks. The important thing is just moving around and not strenuous workouts so you can heal properly. You'll know what your body can handle each week...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Sandra Austin Tx

I’m 6 days post op as of today. I had the gastric bypass 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • RacMag  »  bhogue925

Hi, I’m new here. I’m currently on the liver shrinking diet. So far so good, but I have to say I haven’t found a protein shake I like. Anyone have any suggestions please? My surgery date is September 17th. 
      · 2 replies
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife Core are by far the best. They taste just as they are - chocolate milk. You can either get the 26 grams or the 42 grams (harder to find and more expensive). For straight protein look at Bulksuppliments.com ..they have really good whey proteins and offer auto ship plus they test for purity. No taste or smell...

2. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife has strawberry, vanilla and of course chocolate. No more calories than other protein drinks. Stay away from Premiere, they're dealing with lawsuits due to not being honest about protein content.

• Doctor-Links

HGH For Sale
      hgh for sale at our online pharmacy

Human growth hormone (HGH) is a small protein which is made in part of the brain called the pituitary gland. It travels in your bloodstream all over your body to make your body grow.
      HGH is very important in the body. It is needed for children to grow normally. It helps make sure there is enough muscle and fat in the body. It keeps our bones healthy.
      Buy Rybelsus online, Rybelsus tablets
      You can order for wegovy at our online pharmacy
      Check for the prices of 0.25mg, 0.5mg and 1mg at our online pharmacy and buy ozempic.
      · 0 replies
    • Doctor-Links

hgh kaufen  in unserer Online-Apotheke  
      Menschliches Wachstumshormon (HGH) ist ein kleines Protein, das in einem Teil des Gehirns, der Hypophyse, produziert wird. Es wandert in Ihrem Blutkreislauf durch Ihren ganzen Körper, um Ihren Körper wachsen zu lassen.
      · 0 replies
    • juliie

good morning all ,my np sent all my cleared requirements to my insurance for approval yesterday, so now just waiting for an approval and surgery date  
      · 1 reply
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fingers crossed!

• Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches