Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

One year bandiversary!

I just realized that I had my one year banded anniversary on the 27th!

I am down about 60 lbs, (it fluctuates from 58-61 lbs on any given day) and reaching goal weight seems right around the corner! I feel like for the first time there IS light at the end of the tunnel, and that I will win this battle. I was losing slowly and steadily for the first 9-10 months, but have really hit a plateau the last couple of months bouncing from 169-171. I am in dire need of a fill, but am pretty much okay with the fact that I have been maintaining and not gaining, lol! I have a fill sceduled for Tuesday and hopefully that will kick me back into losing mode.

The physical difference is amazing, I have gone from size 20W-22W pants to a loose size 14.....and size 12 is not far away. Back in a 36D bra and out of tight ill-fitting 40DDs and 1X-2X shirts, goodbye to all that back fat, lol. Strangely enough, I have also lost a half to full shoe size. I am completely off meds for borderline high blood pressure (BP is perfect now!), my cholesterol is almost normal, and my blood sugar is under control. I still have to take Metformin, but as long as I do take it my readings are almost perfect! This has been the best and most profound thing I have ever done for myself and my health. My energy level and mood is super! It is amazing the difference in how comfortable, "normal", and confident I feel now.

The oddest thing is that I am wearing an entire size smaller at this weight than I did when I was this heavy gaining upwards. I think the fact that I have been doing cardio and strength training has my body in better shape than it was previously at this weight. Maybe it was just pure flab/fat before? Has anyone else noticed this?

Congrats on your bandiversary! You sound like you are doing wonderful and have accomplished so much. Doesn't feeling great, well, feel great??!!

Congrats on your bandiversary! i am just starting out (no fill yet) and seeing success stories like yours gives me hope that i can do it too.

Congrats!! :clap2:

:thumbup:

I just realized that I had my one year banded anniversary on the 27th!

I am down about 60 lbs, (it fluctuates from 58-61 lbs on any given day) and reaching goal weight seems right around the corner! I feel like for the first time there IS light at the end of the tunnel, and that I will win this battle. I was losing slowly and steadily for the first 9-10 months, but have really hit a plateau the last couple of months bouncing from 169-171. I am in dire need of a fill, but am pretty much okay with the fact that I have been maintaining and not gaining, lol! I have a fill sceduled for Tuesday and hopefully that will kick me back into losing mode.

The physical difference is amazing, I have gone from size 20W-22W pants to a loose size 14.....and size 12 is not far away. Back in a 36D bra and out of tight ill-fitting 40DDs and 1X-2X shirts, goodbye to all that back fat, lol. Strangely enough, I have also lost a half to full shoe size. I am completely off meds for borderline high blood pressure (BP is perfect now!), my cholesterol is almost normal, and my blood sugar is under control. I still have to take Metformin, but as long as I do take it my readings are almost perfect! This has been the best and most profound thing I have ever done for myself and my health. My energy level and mood is super! It is amazing the difference in how comfortable, "normal", and confident I feel now.

The oddest thing is that I am wearing an entire size smaller at this weight than I did when I was this heavy gaining upwards. I think the fact that I have been doing cardio and strength training has my body in better shape than it was previously at this weight. Maybe it was just pure flab/fat before? Has anyone else noticed this?

The energy is just booming off the page!!!! I just really enjoy ready success stories like yours. It keeps me going and when I feel down and alone I always go to the support sites and remember how so many of us are going threw the same journey to our weight loss success!!! I am 1 year 7 months and thought I would have reached my weight goal by now but I have accomplished a lot by loosing 60 pounds and starting at a 20 and now teatering between 14 - 16 depending on the cloths. I can now buy size large in shirts when before it was straight to the plus size section to pick out 2x and now I swim in those shirts. It is a great feeling and a great long long long journey. It has been such an emotional roller coaster realizing the relationship of food being my support and hiding my eating problem. It took me a good 8 months to really come to terms and start feeling the peace with in myself to stop obsessing on what I was going to eat all day and being so okay with 4 bites. I still look at skinny people with that it is so not fare look sometimes but I am a better me by getting the band and remolding myself into a new and improved me.....Inside and OUT!!!!!!! Your story is insirational and I wish you all the band luck in the world. THIS TOOL IS A BLESSING in so many ways for us. I want to go up to people that a 200 pounds overweight and tell them what a gift this band has made my life but of course I don't because most of us that were obese were in such denial that we had an eating problem that it would offend. But I want to share the joy of now having the peace that I feel that I didn't eat the double cheeseburger for lunch and feel good that I only had that side salad and I am totally okay with that!!!!!!!!

Way to go!!!! I'm so proud of you. Doesn't it feel good? :thumbup: Keep going and good luck with your next fill.

Lianna, that's fantastic !!! Congrats