Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

November/Christmas Goal

:cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2: I new you could do it Neenagh ONDERLAND hurray for you. :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

Maria :grouphug:

Wow....I almost missed this one!!

NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEENAGH!!!! CONGRATS!!!!!!!!

WOOOOOOT WOOOOOT!!!

:wow2:

:first: :welldone2: :success1:

Neenagh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

congrats to you! Onderland... what a great gift you have given yourself for Christmas. What an inspiration you are!!!

I have been working hard and am almost to my Christmas goal ... hopefully!!

Dawn

Banded April 4th, 2006

Fill June 9th, 2006

Montreal

weight.png

Argon, that was about the gym thing, i'm a bit behind on my reading here obviously.

Neenagh, congratulations, watching you guys is so motivating for me. I can't tell you how inspiring you all are.

Well, Christmas is just about a week away. I cannot see me reaching my goal of 260. However it was a pretty steep goal of 17 pounds so I am absolutely thrilled with 12 pounds gone.

I have to admit that my diet hasn't been quite normal the past couple of weeks. Things like Cookies, chocolates, alcohol keep passing under my nose.

I know this isn't thanksgiving, but this is what I am thankful for this Christmas.

-I did not eat the whole bag of cookies

-I did not hide any chocolates around the house so I could eat them when no-one is looking.

-I am not stuffing myself to the point of being sick.

I have indulged in little treats in the lasts couple of weeks, the key word being 'little'. This is the holidays, and I will not deprive myself of enjoying my life. This time last year I weighed almost 100 pounds more then now, the best thing I ever did was give myself the gift of the lapband. I am going to enjoy this Christmas holiday more than I have in a long, long time, and that will include the small 'little' treat.

Anyway, my ticker may or may-not, move in the next couple weeks, but January is just around the corner. BIG goals then :eek: .

First of all, Cloe: 12 lbs is awesome!!! I think your goal was too ambitious! a 10 lb goal would have been reasonable and you beat that by 2 freakin' lbs.!

Argon: ON YOUR MARK, GET SET, G----oh wait a minute, your 25 years old, going to the gym.... and im 46 ,menopausal and don't exercise, I WONDER WHO'S GONNA WIN!?!?! HEHEHE

Thanks everyone for your congrats, I couldn't do any of this without all of you!

I am with you Cloe. It is Xmas and i will not deprive me or family of the treats. I won't over induldge. I need to lose 2 lbs for my xmas goal. Then we start on the New Years resolutions.Mine was ALWAYS to lose weight so it is much easier to achieve with the band.

I agree with both Cloe and Loriely (the deprivation thing). I'm not going to reach my goal either....far from it....but it is Xmas and it is my first Xmas with the band and I'm finding it very difficult. Not that I'm not trying or that I'm not focused now but I will be re-focusing come Jan for sure. In fact, I have a fill appt the second week of Jan.....(by fluro of course).....so that will likely help. I'm just anxious about walking that fine line....I want some more restriction but I don't want to be so restricted that I can't eat "normally" (ie. I don't want to resort to liquid meals etc) or that I suffer complications (ie. too many slimes, PBs etc).

I'm trying not to beat myself up too much over that fact I gained some weight this week. It's hard though.....but just trying to tell myself that I've lost lots and have kept it off (reasonably) and some mini gains are bound to happen (I also know that I need to work so hard for every pound...and that includes working out all the time and I haven't been able to work out in 3 weeks due to my bum knee .....I"m hoping the meds I'm taking for it will allow me to start working out again in a week or two).

:eek:

Well, I made my Christmas goal and beat it by 1. I went shopping for daughter yesterday and thought I'd try on some dress pants since mine are so very baggy. I was shocked and excited to find that I'm down a few sizes!!! If the daughter would let me I could "borrow" some of her clothes (she will not like that!)

I'm scared about christmas but I plan on taking it one step at a time - I'm booking a fill for the second week back to work in Jan. Exercise is on my list of priorities and I will have the farm to walk about over the holidays so that should help.

Have a great Christmas everyone and here's to seeing you "lighter" in the new year.

Hi,

I have big news... I made it to my Chrismtas goal and then 1!! Thanks for all your support everyone!!!

You guys are so great. As well, I snow shoed with my gang yesterday which was wonderful... something I could not have done at 358!!!

I hope you all have a great holiday.

p.s. I noticed my ticker was wierd from an earlier post... like it changed to my new reading... anyone know about this??

Dawn

Banded April 4th, 2006

Montreal

weight.png