Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ok-so I'm now sitting in our car outside of a pizzeria where my family is inside enjoying pizza and beer. I was sleeved 10/11/12 and I have 2 teen daughters, 18 and 19. I can't eat very much and mostly rely on dairy for meals. I am so on edge that they just look at me the wrong way and I go off! My baby (17) rudely reminded me in front of my husband's family that I 'chose' to do this to myself - not being able to really eat much of anything yet, I was frustrated reading the menu-there wasn't anything I would even attempt to eat! So I said, I guess I'll just starve, that's when she made her comment. I left the Restaraunt and have been crying, having a big ole pity party again! I thought that I was through with this part of recovery 2 months ago! The holidays were hard but still not being able to eat is starting to wear me down emotionally. I feel conflicted now- I'm just such a b***h!!

I am newly sleeved, so I can't give you tons of "experienced" words of advice...

That being said, I would sit and think about things that you can have. Go back inside and talk to the manager and let them know what the issue is. They may have something that's not on the menu and you can enjoy.

The comment your daughter had, well, it was mean - but she was also feeding off of your comment. It's true what she said, which you also know. The point being, a year from now, you can enjoy a small piece of pizza and look awesome doing it.

I also don't understand why your whole family went to the pizza place if you can eat there. Maybe chosing a different place would be better for a while. My family doesn't care where we eat, as long as it's out. LOL!

Many hugs & good luck!

Oh dear ... go back in there. I try to adjust to my diet to food menus. Eating with family is important to me. I did chose the op and i dont want them to have to make food choices and sacrifices around my diet. The other day my family wanted sushi. I cant eat rice. So pushed out and ate the veges and meat. Why can't you pick the top of the pizza and eat the meat and cheese? Go for an extra long walk when you get home :)

I'm the father of two daughters as well, and lets face it teenage girls aren't known for their empathy! :)

Looking at your tickers you're obviously doing really really REALLY well. Dust yourself off and remember why you're doing this.

A pizza joint is always going to have limited (or no) options for us recently sleeved. Maybe next time have more input into where you're going or eat just before you go?

It sounds like you've had these feeling before, like most of us have, so you know it's only temporary and part of the process.

All the best - and don't let those girls push your buttons!

Deano

Oh dear ... go back in there. I try to adjust to my diet to food menus. Eating with family is important to me. I did chose the op and i dont want them to have to make food choices and sacrifices around my diet. The other day my family wanted sushi. I cant eat rice. So pushed out and ate the veges and meat. Why can't you pick the top of the pizza and eat the meat and cheese? Go for an extra long walk when you get home :)

My kids love sushi. I think it's great. I'll order the smallest sashimi plate and be stuffed after a few slices of raw fish. Love it.

I get it! We went to Disneyland on Christmas so I didn't have to sit around and watch people eat! So my mother in law got pissed and won't give the kids their presents till we go over for dinner!! So I'm sitting home alone right now while my husband takes them! My husband understands but most people don't... I'm being really selfish right now and not going to things that are just about food until I am ready!! Stand up for yourself and say what you need. That's what I'm doing right now. Oh and yes I have a teenage daughter too so I understand :)

I have 3 children 7,4, and 16 months. Tonight thats exactly what they asked for, pizza!! I am only 8 days out so it was so hard making pizza for them and then having to feed my 16 month old. All I kept telling myself was, I can do this! Right now it completely sucks but in 6 months I know I'm my heart it will be the best thing I ever did!

Thanks everyone who posted! I survived my self-induced exile! My husbands aunt felt bad, she didn't realize my diet was so restricted. I could have had just toppings or asked them to make me something but at the time my head hunger and the aroma of the Restaraunt was too much for me. We are visiting my husbands grandma (her 95th birthday celebration tonight) in Georgia, we live on Long Island, NY. I cried. I talked with my husband and he spoke to my girls about being more empathetic. They both apologized. No, I don't expect my family to suffer because of my decision (I cooked and baked up a storm this Holiday season!) but I still have struggles and good and bad days. This morning I put on my big girl panties, had some Cereal for the first time, and am focusing on relaxing and resting to build up strength to make it through tonight's party.