Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Not losing weight

Hi! I'm new here! I had my surgery on 12/12/12. The first week I dropped 19 pounds...but for some reason I haven't lost anything since then. I'm getting worried!!

You're going to have to give us a lot more information for us to help you.

What does your nutritionist have you eating right now?

Are you on full liquids?

Have you been able to get your Water and Protein down?

Are you using Protein Shakes? If so, what kind, how often, etc..

Have you eaten anything off your plan?

Are you keeping everything down after you eat?

Are you tracking your calories in a program such as my fitness pal?

You could be experiencing your "post surgery stall". Most of us did (the 2nd or 3rd week out from surgery). It's definitely NOT uncommon. :) Don't stress, because it didn't take 3 weeks to put it on, it, sadly, will take more than 3 weeks to take it off. 19 pounds in one week is great - the rest will come - just keep doing what you're doing. :)

1. Are you really not loosing anything at all? I slowed way down around week 2, but I actually still lost 2 pounds that week, I just felt like it was nothing because I was expecting a huge number like I got week 1.

2. Yeah, the stall is a thing, if you're getting your Protein and your Water in try not to worry about it, the scale will start moving again soon!

Your calories are low and you're getting your Protein and Water. I'm going to agree with everyone else that you're just in your 3 week stall. It happened to me too. I was loosing weight like crazy, then nothing for a few days, then it started to come off again.

Maybe I should get more exercise? It's been over a week since I lost anything. My doc said its normal but it seems strange to me. It is a little hard to go to the bathroom. Maybe I should cut out my Soup? That's where most of my carbs and calories come from. It's about 240 calories for 1 can and I eat one can per day.

One thing you can try is switching the SF fruit bars to SF popsicles.

Sometimes the natural fruit sugars can mess with our weightloss.

That's just a guess to try and help but you really seem to be doing everything right so I forsee you'll start losing again soon. We go thru so many stalls it gets frustrating. I can totally understand! Also remember to take body measurements. I lost inches when the scale never lost a pound.

Best of luck!! :)

It's just a stall. I had mine after 7 days and it lasted 10 days. Measure yourself - you will still be losing inches your body's just catching up now!! 30-40lbs in the first month is quite unrealistic unless you were at a high weight to begin with. Aim for 20 lbs otherwise you will set yourself up for disappointment. I thinking lost 23lbs and I'm a runner ...

I agree that 30-40 lbs is unrealistic. It is too bad someone told u that. I lost 16 lbs in my 1st month and was told that was great and I should be happy, so I was OK with it. Every month the lost pounds add up. I prefer to weight about every three weeks so I am unaware of stalls and my clothes keep getting bigger. Yes, excersise is a huge part so we can get that muscle. Hang in there, it is a fun journey

I just had my "regular food clearence" appointment yesterday. My Nut was saying that they expect people to lose between 15-25 pounds a month for the first 3 months, you've already lost 19 you're ahead of the curve!

Have you read up on Glycogyn? It made me feel better to read about it when I was in my stall. Also it was helpful to realize that after your big initial homone weightloss you will likely be loosing 2-5 pounds a week, which is a much smaller number when you break it down that way - I was being bad and weighing everyday, I've been losing about 3.5 lb a week the last couple of weeks, but when you're seeing that daily that's less than half a lb a day! Which especially for us bigger people who are used to a 10lb Water weight swing can seem like nothing if you don't think it through!

If you're only 2 weeks out I wouldn't do a ton of exercise yet - make sure you're walking as much as you can but seriously, this will stop soon. Then it will happen again later, you can't focus too much on it or you'll go crazy!

I lost 16 my first month, and then about 10 every month after that until about 7 months out (check my signature - I'm kind of a stickler when it comes to tracking all the info, lol). You are doing absolutely FINE :) It *will* come off. It *has* too. :)