Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

6 Month Supervised Diet

Ok I'm sure there is like 100 treads of 6 month supervised diet so I apologize in advance!

I met with the nutritionist in the bariatric office. At that time I did not have a PCP and she said get one ASAP and requested I had 4 nutrition visits before I meet with her again (she wasn't the nicest person in the world). Right away I called a clinic that is a division of the same medical center as my bariatric center. I met with my new PCP the same day and a week later I had my first appointment with the nutritionist and PCP following. I told my PCP I needed a 6 month supervised diet and he said he would work with the nutritionist to get that taken care of. I am planning on meeting with the nutritionist 6 times, but my only fear is she isn't weighing me because she really doesn't want me to focus on the number. Also I'm only meeting with my PCP in the beginning, half way and after the 6 visits just so he can check up with me throughout. I'm still getting weighed at least once a month with all the other appointments. Does anyone know if my insurance will accept this?

My pre op was six months and we had to weigh in once a month so if that is what you are doing you should be good. Call your insruance company, mine was very helpful.

good luck!

Ok I'm sure there is like 100 treads of 6 month supervised diet so I apologize in advance!

I met with the nutritionist in the bariatric office. At that time I did not have a PCP and she said get one ASAP and requested I had 4 nutrition visits before I meet with her again (she wasn't the nicest person in the world). Right away I called a clinic that is a division of the same medical center as my bariatric center. I met with my new PCP the same day and a week later I had my first appointment with the nutritionist and PCP following. I told my PCP I needed a 6 month supervised diet and he said he would work with the nutritionist to get that taken care of. I am planning on meeting with the nutritionist 6 times' date=' but my only fear is she isn't weighing me because she really doesn't want me to focus on the number. Also I'm only meeting with my PCP in the beginning, half way and after the 6 visits just so he can check up with me throughout. I'm still getting weighed at least once a month with all the other appointments. Does anyone know if my insurance will accept this?[/quote']

You need to be weigh every month my insurance wanted every thing in the doctors note separate from everything else the wanted to kno the weight what kinda exercise I was doing and how I was eating etc . The nutritionist may not focus on the number but the insurance does call insurance and get answer but this is the case w most insurance .. I'm waiting in approval pray for me as I am so nervous been up all night

I like to add my 3 month supervised diet required by Cigna states I must Fail. So be careful font lose weight!! Just saying..

You should call cause some insurance say you can't gain so I guess it depends

Thanks everyone. I sent an email to my PCP last night to double check everything. I went from thinking this will fly by and that I'm not worried about when it will happen to feeling like I just want it to happen and it's taking forever. :)

I'm finishing my 6 month program in Jan then on to pre op testing. Hope to be sleeved by Feb or March.

I got weighed in ( my program ) that consisted of pre op classes Nut visits and a Nurse practitioner visit in the beginning. My pcp wasn't as helpful. But try not to miss a monthly weigh in!

Good luck

Thanks everyone. I sent an email to my PCP last night to double check everything. I went from thinking this will fly by and that I'm not worried about when it will happen to feeling like I just want it to happen and it's taking forever. :)

I feel yea my process took 10 months when it only should have taken six months my I didn't kno a lot of things until I joined here but it's slow but when u look back u say that's not that bad

I feel yea my process took 10 months when it only should have taken six months my I didn't kno a lot of things until I joined here but it's slow but when u look back u say that's not that bad

Absolutely

My process will take 9 to 10 months.

It should have taken 6. I didn't know the things that I know now. It's been a learning process too. The key is follow up, stay on top of things if not ahead.

I am grateful still.

Good luck

Absolutely

My process will take 9 to 10 months.

It should have taken 6. I didn't know the things that I know now. It's been a learning process too. The key is follow up' date=' stay on top of things if not ahead.

I am grateful still.

Good luck[/quote']

I just got approved a few minutes ago

I just got approved a few minutes ago

Congrats!!!!!! :) when's the surgery date?

The dummy date is January 21 my surgeon office has yet to call me I call they said she'll call back I'm being patient but it hear when I'm this excited

Update- I talked to my PCP and he reassured me that this is counting as the 6 month supervised diet. I guess the nutritionist are meeting after I meet and he is signing off on the progress and charts.