Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

It will hurt like nobody's business. popcorn was on my Dr. list of things to really stay away from.

i crave popcorn too and about on my 8th day i tried a few pieces of hullless popcorn ......i know it wasnt good but it helped the craving ! LOL...........i didnt get sick either :)

It's too soon but with time it will be fine.

No way would I risk those popcorn hulls around the swollen staple line. Stay away until you are fully healed. Think about how popcorn gets stuck in your teeth and imagine that around your recently sliced and diced stomach.

Popcorn is definitely do-able later. Things to watch for:

Pop your own. Avoid artificial junk. Even if it takes a few extra minutes to pop it in an air popper or on the stove, making your own is far better for you. You can even use the paper bag microwave method. Just don't buy the crud in boxes.

It's a trigger food for a lot of us, and to make matters worse, popcorn slides. If I eat it too often, I want it every night. That's not moderation and that's not a good habit to build. Even early out from surgery I could easily eat a couple cups of popcorn in a sitting. Now I portion myself and only eat it a few times a month. I need to be in control of my food, not the other way around.

Do you love a big bowl of salty popcorn coupled with a big glass of fizzy soda? Yeah, me, too. Watch it, because in me, the popcorn triggers the desire for soda, which in turn triggers a daily desire to drink soda. I have to avoid this stuff because moderation is harder for me with these foods. I allow a small bowl of popcorn and a small glass of soda when I treat myself, but it was a hard struggle at first. You have no idea how much those food habits and combinations are to break!

I know that the scale is going to jump the morning after popcorn. It doesn't matter if I had a small portion or not, I always jump up a pound or two the day after. It's gone the following day but if you're going to lose your mind seeing this, avoid popcorn. I have a friend this happens to, too, and she loses her mind when she sees the scale go up. :)

I wholeheartedly support choosing a diet that allows us the freedom to eat what we want without feeling deprived. The sleeve is not a diet. That said, any food that is an addiction or constant craving is to be approached with caution. Your sleeve is not going to stop you from snacking and grazing, it's simply going to stop you from eating a massive portion of a food that won't slide in one sitting.

And again, stay away from popcorn for a few months. It's no good for that healing sleeve, I promise you.

~Cheri

If you're saying I can have it later.. then I am good with that. I can wait. I would hate for something so silly as a piece of popcorn to send me the e.r. I would rather go down for a juicy 5 guys burger instead!!! J/k no I wont be trying that either!! Thanks for the input

Definitely a snack for later after you have fully healed and like Cheri says, stay away from microwave and movie theater popcorn. I pop mine in a little olive oil on the stovetop. I hate air popped. It's flavorless to me even with the seasoning. Nothing for it to stick to. I even tried coconut oil a few times. Not too bad.

I don't tend to gain with popcorn. If I have gotten in all my Protein in for the day sometimes I will do popcorn for dinner. Yeah, I could choose something healthier, but I eat pretty healthy on the whole.

Stacy, you know it's funny, but even with my Iron sleeve, I cannot really tolerate hamburger. A couple bites of ground beef and I am done.