Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

A month out...How much Should I be able to eat?

I'm scared to try red meat! Lol, I've heard some people have issues digesting it.

I'm four months out from the first surgery and three from the second....I can't eat more than half a cup of anything without feeling bad. I certainly can't eat a cup of rice and Beans or vegies. I haven't had salad or nuts yet on the advice of my doctors. Your program (if there is one) sounds a bit too losey goosey for long term success frankly :( How do you develop good habits if you have no restrictions to help you along the way?

I'm not beating you up, since you are following what you were told...but sheesh, I'm just amazed you can eat any of that LOL

I'm four months out from the first surgery and three from the second....I can't eat more than half a cup of anything without feeling bad. I certainly can't eat a cup of rice and Beans or vegies. I haven't had salad or nuts yet on the advice of my doctors. Your program (if there is one) sounds a bit too losey goosey for long term success frankly :( How do you develop good habits if you have no restrictions to help you along the way?

I'm not beating you up' date=' since you are following what you were told...but sheesh, I'm just amazed you can eat any of that LOL[/quote']

It's ok :) I'm beating myself up already. I already had the band and it didn't work out so now I'm getting sad that this wont either. I guess I need a good cry!

I agree...it sounds like you are eating a lot. I was told a meal should be approx. 1/2 cup total, some people may need to start out at 1/4 cup and work their way up to 1/2 cup. The primary focus should be lean Protein with a little bit of veggies and fruit. 3 meals and 2 Snacks, minimal amounts of carbs. Good luck!

It's ok :) I'm beating myself up already. I already had the band and it didn't work out so now I'm getting sad that this wont either. I guess I need a good cry!

oh don't do that hun. you are obviously trying to figure this out. My advice would be to think like a carnivore for a while. Eat heavy Protein and see how that sits with you. I personally can't even finish two prawns in a sitting, nor a whole filet mignon (six ounce...I eat half). Stay away from the vegies for a bit and no carbs like rice and see if you get more restriction.

I can go over my half cup if it's something like Soup or cottage cheese, so the restriction does vary. I don't eat much of what you posted due to docs rules, but maybe if I did I'd be able to eat more...who knows, but I'd just suggest you find yourself a moist chicken breast and drown your concerns in that :) See how that feels in comparison to what you've been doing....I bet it's a lot different.

My plan is fairly close to eat the frogs. Was sleeved 12/10. I'm 17 days post op and just started purees tonight. Been on full liquids since the 13th. When I had Soup or Jello I could only get down about 1/4 sometimes a bit more but usually around a 1/4. Tonight I made refried Beans with cheese and sour cream. I scooped out a 1/2 and maybe have had 1/4 of it in 30 minutes and I'm stuffed. Kinda sounds like you can eat more than most of us early postopers. Definitely need to focus on Protein like others have said. I know right now I can't have Chipotle veggies. I can't do, veggies or fruit until 8 weeks out i think.

Did they give you a diet to, follow or did you have to see a nutritionist?

One month out I was on baby food, broth, sugar free popscicles, watered cream of something Soup, watery cream of wheat, canned tuna with a tablespoon of low fat cottage cheese, and lots of Protein Drinks. I "cheated" with a few crackers and pretzles every few days.

My plan is fairly close to eat the frogs. Was sleeved 12/10. I'm 17 days post op...

my doc said no frogs til month four :P

Thanks everyone! :)

What does "eat the frogs" mean?

Am I missing something here?

One of the posters on page 2user names is eat that frog. Sorry I wrote 'the' not 'that'. Thanks for letting me know.

One of the posters on page 2user names is eat that frog. Sorry I wrote 'the' not 'that'. Thanks for letting me know.

Ohhhh- thought maybe I was missing out on a good source of protein!!! LOL

lol i knew who you meant but just couldn't resist

Actually this great that you found out so soon to turn this around, you will still be successful, just readjust! You can do it! some go back to liquids a few days to shrink the tummie, perhaps check that out. then go back slower with a program that you have researched that sounds closer to what the successful people here are eating. You can have what you had later on, it will be there, right now you are in weight loss mode. We need to make the most of the tool of the tiny tummie now!