Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

A month out...How much Should I be able to eat?

I'm concerned and need to know. I read on one of the posts that the full feeling didn't hit some people until 6 weeks out bc of healing. I do get full but I think I can eat too much and or too often. I've yet to throw up. I'm an ex-lap band. Maybe bc of that? Thoughts?

I'm concerned and need to know. I read on one of the posts that the full feeling didn't hit some people until 6 weeks out bc of healing. I do get full but I think I can eat too much and or too often. I've yet to throw up. I'm an ex-lap band. Maybe bc of that? Thoughts?

How far out are you and how much can you eat?

From what I read, most are doing between 300-600 calories a day-some a bit higher. This is in the form of Protein Powder, pureed meats, some veg, little fruit and no bread ideally. I am not a nutritionist -this is what I do typically and what I noticed most are able to do. I am about 5 weeks out now.

Tomorrow is a month. I had chipotle last night. Got a veggie bowl. Had about a cup. I can have a serving of pretzels or almost a whole Ready Pac spinach or Caesar salad. Almost a whole egg beaters single serve with cheese. An ounce of nuts. A cup is a lot. More than 4-6 ounces but then again rice and black/pinto Beans are soft things and I was stuffed.

Just worried bc I'm already stalled 2 weeks.

From what I read' date=' most are doing between 300-600 calories a day-some a bit higher. This is in the form of Protein powder, pureed meats, some veg, little fruit and no bread ideally. I am not a nutritionist -this is what I do typically and what I noticed most are able to do. I am about 5 weeks out now.[/quote']

I can totally eat more than 3-600 :( :(

My advice to you would be to go for more dense Proteins such as chicken, fish etc as these fill you up quicker. There are foods that you will be able to eat more of but try and stick to proteins first. You should be having around 2-4oz's of dense Protein at a meal before thinking about eating anything else with it. Hope this helps hunny. XXxxx

If you are in a stall, there is a blogger here who posts a great link about what to do. I am stalling this week as well, just because I am introducing more variety of foods and also nibbled on a few Cookies this week! gah! Im past that and back to healthy eating-the food you eat to help break a stall is basically a ketogenic diet for five days then stick to your Protein shakes and mini meals of Protein and veg. Cut out any carbs...also, track your calories on Myfitnesspal or a similar tool-it wil lrealyl help! :)

All the best!

Yeah that's what I'm thinking too bc I notice I'm fuller when I do. Figuring my way through it :)

My mom said she didn't think the chipotle was a cup so maybe I'm still in the 6 oz range. Next time ill get steak or carnitas and eat the meat first and not just Beans.< /p>

wow that sounds like a lot to me at 1 month out. the programs are all so different even amongst the people in support groups that meet in my area. Are you following a program from a dietician for a sleeve patient? I am only one week out but my Kaiser program has drilled it into me that I will be eating still soft foods of mainly Protein even when I go to modified regular diet at 12 weeks out, it is 1/3 cup of protein, always eaten first and then add the other stuff as mainly Condiments if you can fit them. they also limit the carbs a lot.

Then my friend has a different program with more choices eventually but the amounts still started out smaller for longer, she lost 170 lbs two years ago.

they keep telling me to keep the tool small, the little tiny stomach.

maybe regroup with eating the simpler Proteins first. I think you are right to question your eating program right now and adjust it. I wish you all the best

Thanks Partofme! Dang Chrisymas is a hard time to be "good". I'm not gaining and I'm thankful. Holidays aren't forever and I'm determined :) Less of me in 2013!

Yeah that's what I'm thinking too bc I notice I'm fuller when I do. Figuring my way through it :)

My mom said she didn't think the chipotle was a cup so maybe I'm still in the 6 oz range. Next time ill get steak or carnitas and eat the meat first and not just Beans.

Be careful having red meat at only a month out, my doctor recommended I stay away from it til 3 months out. I know every doc is different but just saying if you are having it chew it really well before you swallow. ( I don't want to sound like I'm bossing you or anything) XXxxx

wow that sounds like a lot to me at 1 month out. the programs are all so different even amongst the people in support groups that meet in my area. Are you following a program from a dietician for a sleeve patient? I am only one week out but my Kaiser program has drilled it into me that I will be eating still soft foods of mainly Protein even when I go to modified regular diet at 12 weeks out' date=' it is 1/3 cup of Protein, always eaten first and then add the other stuff as mainly Condiments if you can fit them. they also limit the carbs a lot.

Then my friend has a different program with more choices eventually but the amounts still started out smaller for longer, she lost 170 lbs two years ago.

they keep telling me to keep the tool small, the little tiny stomach.

maybe regroup with eating the simpler Proteins first. I think you are right to question your eating program right now and adjust it. I wish you all the best[/quote']

Yeah the last group meeting here was light bc of the holidays. I'm going to the next one for sure for thoughts from fellow patients.

Be careful having red meat at only a month out' date=' my doctor recommended I stay away from it til 3 months out. I know every doc is different but just saying if you are having it chew it really well before you swallow. ( I don't want to sound like I'm bossing you or anything) XXxxx[/quote']

I haven't had many restrictions. They are pretty open for us to try and see what we can tolerate. I haven't had beef yet. Thanks for you help!

It doesn't sound like your program is as well defined as some if they are willing to let you see what you tolerate, I could get into some real trouble with that, hee hee. glad you are questing now, so you get the best result from your surgery.

I could have red meat straight away. Had no problems :)