Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Can anyone else guzzle?

I swear, sometimes I think I have no band at all. Can anyone else guzzle Water? I've been told that should be impossible with good restriction, but sometimes I have absolutely no problem guzzling up to 12 or 16 ozs at a time.

Is it just me? :D

Alex I can guzzle, But I try not too. I usually take 3 sips then wait a few minutes and take another 3 sips or really swollows. The nurse at my Doctors mandatory meeting told us that Water was able to strech our pouches. Anyway I dont know a lot. but that is my 2 cents worth. And I am back. Thanks Janie

actually - I was kind of wondering about that. I had a fill on 6/18 and initially I couldn't guzzle. But over the last week or so I can. I still have restriction so I know that's not the problem but yep to answer your question I can guzzle!!!

The nurse at my Doctors mandatory meeting told us that Water was able to strech our pouches.

Yikes, that's not something I've heard. :D

But when I'm completely closed off at the doctor's office during a fill, it takes only a few sips to have the Water back up in my throat. Barium, too. So how is it that the pouch isn't stretched in that situation?

Hmmmm.....

I could guzzle Water until my last fill.

I don't think we have to worry about stretching our pouches unless you're backing stuff up into your esophagus - that's why I didn't force Water down faster after fill number four - I could tell I was drinking faster than it was draining.

Look at me - "our pouches".... I guess I meant "your pouches... :D

Guzzle on, Alexandra! :D But stop if you feel it backing up. My humble advice/reassurance... :D

Oh Boy.

This is strange, I can guzzle in the mornings and about an hour after meals exept after lunch.< /p>

It's hard to get in all the Water so in the morning its chug-a-lug. Even this morning I could not get much Breakfast down, then started back on water an hour later.

In the mornings I feel so restricted and at dinner too. I think its all the salad I eat for lunch(with Garbonzos, pickled beets, celantro, spinach,cheese-modifed fat LOL) Its my form of Fiber as well. I can pack down a lunch now. I dare not sip with meals.... I have learned not to eat within 2 hours of sleeping, or eles burps all night.

This tool talks to me.

cheese-modifed fat

LOL!!! cheese is my favorite form of modified fat. :D

Well I'm glad to know I'm not alone in my guzzling. Once in a while I can clearly tell it's not going down, but most of the time I have no problem.

hey alexandra!

no guzzeling for me AT ALL!!

if i take to big of a sip i will get the painful hiccups or pb. it only took 2 times to figure out that i must sip sip sip. as you get more restricted you may find that you cant guzzle

the weird part is i can tell my restriction has loosened way up. i can eat more but i still cant drink more. even at night i am sipping.

i long to be able to wake up in the middle of the night and drink a tall glass of juice. when i wake up now i have to take an extra tiny sip or i risk the hiccups.

Yup guzzler here. Hmmm!! Sounds like a super hero. GUZZLER to the rescue.