Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

HELP-Sleeved on Oct 30th and now nausea and not wanting to eat---

I've been doing pretty good but since Friday I do not want to eat and I am nauseous. Nothing sounds good to eat and if I try to eat I do not like the taste. Everything prior to that was good, now I am in a slump. Any suggestions or has anyone gone through this at this post-op timeline? Even Protein Shakes are yucky! Which up till then I loved!

About three weeks after my vsg I couldn't look at an Isopure bottle without getting nauseous . I switched to more Soups, Water with lemon, etc....have you found an egg dish you can eat? Poached? Soft fried even? 3 minute egg? I popped a fair amount of tums those first months. Also, super thin crackers (Whole foods has them near the deli/cheese section) have been very helpful with regard to getting past the nausea...

Haven't been able to eat eggs (smell makes me nauseous. I will have to try the crackers! This is the worse because I have no energy and it is Christmas Eve!

Dr has me back on Clear Liquids and told me to give myself a couple of days. The nurse said it sounds like my stomach is still swollen. If I continue with problems I will have to go back for testing. Has anyone felt like this 2 months after surgery?

Have you had any nausea or vomiting in the previous months after surgery?

Have you had any nausea or vomiting in the previous months after surgery?

very little then it got better. This morning I went to take a drink of Water and drank too fast and it came right back up. Ate a little yogurt this AM and it did not agree with my stomach, now I am sipping water and I just feel like vomiting :(

Also, I have to keep spitting because I get saliva build up in my mouth

I hope it turns out to be nothing. My surgeon believes that a leak (if it were to turn out you have one at this late date) is there from the beginning. The patient has somehow been able to compensate for it. It is highly unlikely that a leak would develop this far along, so if you have one, you have been able to handle the symptoms. I hope you don't have one. You are so close to goal! Good luck.

Called my doctor's office and the nurse said that she has only seen this a couple of times, BUT for whatever reason, a person can get nauseous and have a hard time eating and drinking and to remember it is only temporary! She will inform the doctor and see if there is anything different he has to say. OMG I am dwindling away!! Not a happy camper :(

DAIRY.

Check the dairy. Cut it out completely for a few days and see how you feel.

I say this because I felt the exact same way after a spell of feeling just fine post op. All of a sudden food repulsed me and I felt nauseated all the time. I was starting every day with a Protein shake that was messing up my day. Then I'd follow it up with yogurt or cottage cheese most days!

Once I eliminated dairy I felt a hundred, million times better. That said it was a serious challenge for me to get enough Protein and I had to fiddle with my shake for a while to find one I really liked that mixed well with Water, coffee or tea.

It could also just be that slump we hit when we're tired of forcing ourselves to eat, tired of the same old food choices and food just isn't appealing. I know, wanting to not care about food is a reason so many of us even have surgery, but it's not great to experience it when you're trying to be healthy, feel good and hit nutritional goals.

If this is the case and it's not dairy, it's time to mix it up and go to new places with your diet. Try new foods and eat things that might not have appealed to you prior to surgery. Add in stronger spices and get creative. It can help break up a slump and get you back in the swing of things.

Oh and at some point one year post op, dairy stopped bothering me as much. The lactose intolerance is back full swing now that I'm pregnant, but prior to this I was able to consume a normal diet again, with small portions of milk, cottage cheese and yogurt. Sadly (or luckily?) ice cream remains on my "avoid at all costs" list.

Good luck,

~Cheri

DAIRY.

Check the dairy. Cut it out completely for a few days and see how you feel.

I say this because I felt the exact same way after a spell of feeling just fine post op. All of a sudden food repulsed me and I felt nauseated all the time. I was starting every day with a Protein shake that was messing up my day. Then I'd follow it up with yogurt or cottage cheese most days!

Once I eliminated dairy I felt a hundred, million times better. That said it was a serious challenge for me to get enough Protein and I had to fiddle with my shake for a while to find one I really liked that mixed well with Water, coffee or tea.

It could also just be that slump we hit when we're tired of forcing ourselves to eat, tired of the same old food choices and food just isn't appealing. I know, wanting to not care about food is a reason so many of us even have surgery, but it's not great to experience it when you're trying to be healthy, feel good and hit nutritional goals.

If this is the case and it's not dairy, it's time to mix it up and go to new places with your diet. Try new foods and eat things that might not have appealed to you prior to surgery. Add in stronger spices and get creative. It can help break up a slump and get you back in the swing of things.

Oh and at some point one year post op, dairy stopped bothering me as much. The lactose intolerance is back full swing now that I'm pregnant, but prior to this I was able to consume a normal diet again, with small portions of milk, cottage cheese and yogurt. Sadly (or luckily?) ice cream remains on my "avoid at all costs" list.

Good luck,

~Cheri

Thank-you for the words of wisdom, my husband told me to stay away from diary also. Yes, this is going to be hard trying to find a way to eat protein. I am currently only eating cottage cheese, Jello and yogurt! I currently am drinking lactaid free milk, do you think I should stop that as well?

CONGRATULATIONS on your pregnancy! How exciting for you and your family.

Thank-you so much for posting this, it gives me great hope!!! :)

Maybe try some pureed Soups for a few days. Black Beans have good Protein, you can cook them in chicken broth then puree and add salsa if u like...

Chicken salad, tuna salad, minced very fine is good.

I'm not sure if your cleared for that yet but if your going to cut out dairy those are a few choices.

:)

Maybe try some pureed Soups for a few days. Black Beans have good Protein, you can cook them in chicken broth then puree and add salsa if u like...

Chicken salad, tuna salad, minced very fine is good.

I'm not sure if your cleared for that yet but if your going to cut out dairy those are a few choices.

:)

Thank-you for the suggestions, I will def try them!