Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello Buddies!!

So it's about 11 days post surgery and I still don't have an appetite to drink any protien shakes or anything liquid or puréed. Even Water - I force myself to drink 8 oz a day.

I'm worried I may end up in the hospital again.

It's just the thought of putting anything in my mouth makes me want to vomit.

Do you have any anti nausea meds? They helped me a lot. I was gagging before that.

If you don't drink Water you will become dehydrated and end up in the hospital. Start drinking and call your doctor for help.

Hey girl, you need to force it. I am 4 days post-op and also have no appetite at all, but I drink my Protein for Breakfast and dinner and then focus on liquids in between. You just need to find something you can tolerate,...gatorade, crystal lite, fruit Water, something. You don't want to end up back in the hospital!

I have been taking the anti nausea - but that triggers headaches which in return makes me nauseous. Go figure!

Going to try and schedule a follow up with my dr hopefully for tomorrow.

Thanks ladies!

I was sleeved 11/14. I was doing great for exactly 1 week...had lots of energy and was walking. Then I literally hit rock bottom. I was loosing energy, taste buds changed and I couldn't stand any Protein Shakes. I was feeling weak. The nurse told me at the 2 week check up that this is normal, but continue working at it. I continued to get worse. My body rejected all food, I was throwing up 5 & 6 times daily. Even flavored drinks didn't stay down. I barely consumed 16 oz in a day. I ended up having to be admitted to the hospital for dehydration & malnutrition. I even had a feeding tube( the absolute worst experience in all my life). I spent 1 1/2 weeks in the hospital. The not being able to drink Protein also caused a fowl taste in my mouth. The doctor said that he sees this in like 30% of his patients. I couldn't control what was happening with my body. Having WLS is definitely not an easy way out, it is hard very hard. I am depressed and scared right now. I don't want to be sick again. I don't want to be away from my child not knowing when I'm gonna see her again. I don't know why my body was rejecting protein, why I had constant nausea. Why me? It seems like its random bad luck. If you feel like me, please seek help immediately from your surgeon.

Lionheart - so sorry to hear about your experience and I'm worried I'm heading down your path as well.

My surgery was on 12-12 - was released on the 14th and ended back in the hospital on the 16 th for 4 days for dehydration. Practical fainted in the shower.

Leaving the hospital I was full of energy - the IV and Vitamins they pumped in the IV were wonderful. Just wish they made IVs for home.