Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

how many calories intake

It sounds like you are off to a good start! I want to commend you for all the goods choices you have been making with regards to eating slow' date=' chewing, getting in your Proteins. I found it challenging to get above 300-500 calories even at 1 month out. My sleeve just would not allow for it. One thing you might try to ensure you are getting enough Protein is to eat 1-3 ounces of Protein shake every hour for the first 3 weeks ( length of my liquid phase). Eating on a schedule after you are cleared for solids is really beneficial as it will help you develop good eating habits later on with regards to protein requirements and overall health. By eating small portions of protein every 2-3 hours, you do not get hungry ( hunger returns for most after 4-5 months), your metabolism is optimized all day long and your blood sugar levels remain neutral. This does wonders for both your physical and mental responses to daily life. I hope this helps you even if the information is a little premature with regards to your current post op time line. As for hair loss, you can certainly try different things like eating a lot of protein, taking biotene and using special shampoos that strengthen your hair, but most, including myself, have found there is little that can be done to prevent Hair loss. However, supplements might help slow down the loss. It will grow back after the hair loss phase is complete as long as you are nutritionally balanced.[/quote']

That's strange because I'll be 3 weeks next Wednesday and i have no problem getting Arty least 800 now i do eat throughout the day. But i have no problem

It sounds like you are off to a good start! I want to commend you for all the goods choices you have been making with regards to eating slow, chewing, getting in your Proteins. I found it challenging to get above 300-500 calories even at 1 month out. My sleeve just would not allow for it. One thing you might try to ensure you are getting enough Protein is to eat 1-3 ounces of Protein shake every hour for the first 3 weeks ( length of my liquid phase). Eating on a schedule after you are cleared for solids is really beneficial as it will help you develop good eating habits later on with regards to protein requirements and overall health. By eating small portions of protein every 2-3 hours, you do not get hungry ( hunger returns for most after 4-5 months), your metabolism is optimized all day long and your blood sugar levels remain neutral. This does wonders for both your physical and mental responses to daily life. I hope this helps you even if the information is a little premature with regards to your current post op time line. As for hair loss, you can certainly try different things like eating a lot of protein, taking biotene and using special shampoos that strengthen your hair, but most, including myself, have found there is little that can be done to prevent Hair loss. However, supplements might help slow down the loss. It will grow back after the hair loss phase is complete as long as you are nutritionally balanced.

Hi Steve,

What a thoughtful and helpful post! I love this site for this very reason! I appreciate your guidance very much. I'm really feeling like establishing the eating pattern now, without hunger, is the ideal way to do it. I was told to do three meals, and no Snacks, which is what I am doing, but the logic of what you are saying of eating protein every 2-3 hours in small amounts makes a lot of sense. Hunger creates triggers, and nobody wants those. I'm also really focusing on just eating when I eat, which I hope to keep doing. It was very easy to eat mindlessly before, and I want to avoid going back to that. I'm also logging everything I eat and drink. Another habit that I think will be essential to long-term success. I feel like I bought a winning lottery ticket with this surgery, and I want to be so wise in my choices. Your wisdom is greatly appreciated!

If you haven't already, I recommend joining MyFitnessPal.com and adding friends from this site. There are a list of people in the exercise area I believe.

By doing this, it lets you check in on the food diaries of others, which can give you ideas for yourself.

You can also check out blogs like According to Eggface or Bariatric Foodie for ideas on what to eat.

If you haven't already, I recommend joining MyFitnessPal.com and adding friends from this site. There are a list of people in the exercise area I believe.

By doing this, it lets you check in on the food diaries of others, which can give you ideas for yourself.

You can also check out blogs like According to Eggface or Bariatric Foodie for ideas on what to eat.

Thanks! good suggestions! I just went on the food diary site. Much easier than paper.

She is searching for advise because she feels she would like to lose more. I am giving my advise as I have been at her stage. Nothing is wrong with that. My diet actually is pretty much the same just not pureed, "Hmmm". No reason to dis me at 15 weeks out.

I'm not quite sure I comprehend where the "dis" in my reply is as my reply had nothing to do with you specifically. What I was advising against was doing anything (such as further calorie restriction) simply because other people are eating less, which is a valid response. Cutting down to an arbitrary number of calories just because someone else is at a lower number post-op is not a healthy weight loss mentality, as our health should be the first and only priority rather than playing a game of "who can eat the least after getting a sleeve", which is rather akin to the unhealthy pre-op starvation diets that I'm sure any number of us tried and failed at.

I'm sure you can agree that the amount of weight you lost in weeks 2-3 post surgery were not entirely indicative of the amount of weight you'd lose later on and I'm sure you realize that any number of factors like starting weight, height, metabolism, and exercise will impact overall weight loss from person to person.