Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Surgery - December 27th!

ok, next question. (sorry if i'm nagging :/). my nut told me my first priority is to get in the fluids (try to get 64oz, hasn't happened yet), and my second priority is Protein (start at 30gms, increase to 60 then 80, i haven't done too bad). my question is, what about calorie?. i've tracked the last two days since i've been home and haven't reached 400 calories a day. should i be concerned about this? or is this something that comes later when it's a little easier to maintain once i'm off of just fluids? by the way. . . . it's still crazy to me that i can't get in enough calories, considering what i used to eat, but that's a whole different topic. any thoughts?

p.s hot tea has been my savior for getting in some of my fluids :)

I have had little trouble with liquids. Yesterday I had a whole premier shake with 30 grams of Protein and had no trouble holding it down. Today is the first time I really wanted food and I ate two tsp of Greek yogurt. Has anyone else fudged and ate a full liquid yet?

ok' date=' next question. (sorry if i'm nagging :/). my nut told me my first priority is to get in the fluids (try to get 64oz, hasn't happened yet), and my second priority is Protein (start at 30gms, increase to 60 then 80, i haven't done too bad). my question is, what about calorie?. i've tracked the last two days since i've been home and haven't reached 400 calories a day. should i be concerned about this? or is this something that comes later when it's a little easier to maintain once i'm off of just fluids? by the way. . . . it's still crazy to me that i can't get in enough calories, considering what i used to eat, but that's a whole different topic. any thoughts?

p.s hot tea has been my savior for getting in some of my fluids :)[/quote']

My doc didn't say anything about keeping up with calories. I think they're more concerned with us staying hydrated and then getting Protein as we can build up to it. I haven't gotten anywhere near 60oz of Water yet, but I'm getting more each day. But I constantly feel bloated when I drink and the belching is unreal!!!

I have had little trouble with liquids. Yesterday I had a whole premier shake with 30 grams of Protein and had no trouble holding it down. Today is the first time I really wanted food and I ate two tsp of Greek yogurt. Has anyone else fudged and ate a full liquid yet?

No fudging for me. I'm on a full liquid BUT can only have things thin enough to go through a strainer. I'll get yogurt after 3 weeks.

I just want to say how grateful I am for this site and how much I have learned from all of my fellow sleevers! I also have surgery scheduled for the 27th and am getting nervous. I am an ER Nurse and know exactly what to expect and who will be with me in the OR but I am still scared. This was a HUGE decision for me and I' date=' like Stephanie, had been having doubts a few weeks ago also but I think after my pre-surgical testing the other day reality sunk in and I have just been ready to get my life back. I am ready to be active in life again without being short-winded! Thanks for the idea to go ahead and try the protein- I was kinda waiting until I actually needed to take it ( hehe!) but I think you are right to find what works for me now instead of waiting. Good luck on the 27th Stephanie and all other upcoming sleevers- we got this!!![/quote']

Hello there I also was sleeved on 27 th!!!!! Here is my concern.....for the first time since surg I'm hungry.... Normal??? Haven't eaten since 26th preop diet...... Water and broth occasional bite of Jello however just a little while ago I got a hunger pain!!!!! Freakin out lol

Hello there I also was sleeved on 27 th!!!!! Here is my concern.....for the first time since surg I'm hungry.... Normal??? Haven't eaten since 26th preop diet...... Water and broth occasional bite of Jello however just a little while ago I got a hunger pain!!!!! Freakin out lol

Have you tried a Protein drink? Some Protein may combat any hunger you have and your body needs it to heal.

I felt hungry today too. It's so scary to eat. I am on Clear Liquids until Thursday and then can advance to full liquids but I went ahead and cheated today.

I think it's crazy how we all have different rules our diets. I was on clear liquids while in the hospital and now on full liquids for two weeks.

I think it's crazy how we all have different rules our diets. I was on clear liquids while in the hospital and now on full liquids for two weeks.

Agreed!! 3 weeks on my limited full liquid diet kind of stinks but I'm not hungry yet and keep telling myself I can do it and it will be worth it!

Every surgeon is different. Mine has me on clear for a week, full for a week, then I start adding food...real food

I had my surgery dec 27th I'm so jealous I am in some pain and Im nauseous and my stomach hurts idk if its because I have never had surgery before and I have a low tolerance to pain but I'm also having a hard time drinking the Protein my bf is relentless he seems to only care about what the directions the dr told me to do and not that I can't physically do it like gettin in 50 g of Protein in one day I feel like I made a mistake and I am so jealous everyone here is having a great experience that's what I want I hate feeling so depressed

Like goodnurse said- hang in there! I am still sore and having a hard time keeping up with my protein requirements! I have also been pretty tired. I am not one to sit still long and this "rest" is driving me crazy. I am also having bouts of hunger and crazy dreams that my stomach grew back ( which makes me more hungry!! ) I am sure after I start getting to eat real food and not powdered-this and liquid-that my bod will start responding better. This was my first surgery also so don't get depressed! This is a HUGE stress on the body and it is just trying to get back to feeling normal again. Mind over matter is the trick I am trying to use to get me through this stage- picturing myself this summer in a cute little dress and feeling comfortable and healthy again! That, and the support from my fellow sleevers on this blog!!! Hang in there and don't get depressed- everyone's journey is different. Do your best and it will be ok. :-)

Hi gang!

Glad to see that everyone is responding and posting with their experiences. In reading, it seems like Protein has been an issue for most, and I'm no exception. It's tough to get those 60 grams in! I have been slacking a bit.. finding myself drinking a Protein shake (30grams) and then a greek yogurt throughout the day (16grams). I'm trying to squeeze that third drink in.....

I'm just have a hard time with my liquids! It's hard to force sips... now, if it was wine, it might not be so difficult! lol

Keep up the good work everyone!!!

:rolleyes:

Hi gang!

Glad to see that everyone is responding and posting with their experiences. In reading' date=' it seems like Protein has been an issue for most, and I'm no exception. It's tough to get those 60 grams in! I have been slacking a bit.. finding myself drinking a Protein shake (30grams) and then a greek yogurt throughout the day (16grams). I'm trying to squeeze that third drink in.....

I'm just have a hard time with my liquids! It's hard to force sips... now, if it was wine, it might not be so difficult! lol

Keep up the good work everyone!!!

:rolleyes:[/quote']

Wish I could have some Greek yogurt. That would help me out a lot. Can't have it until after 3 weeks. I'm going to buy some unflavored Protein powder because all these sweet protein things are getting old and honestly pretty yuckie.

Alright Ladies!! We are 3+ weeks out.... Checking in on how everyone is doing??

I am 23 lbs. down. Super happy. My NUT moved me to mushy food stage a week earlier. Now, I'm up to solids and I'm experiencing with a few different things. Nothing has really given me any issues except the Clam Chowder Soup I ate... boy, I won't be doing that again. I only had about 5 spoonfuls total but that ran right through me!!

How about you gals? Feeling good? Back to work? I'm excited to see how your all doing!

-Stephanie

Good to here your doing well Stephanie! I went back to work Monday and it's going well. I'm just feeling kinda defeated with how slow the weight is coming off now. Nothing for 2 weeks, then 4 off and now nothing. And with the 4 I just got off, the scale keeps kinda subtracting it one day, adding a pound or two the next and then subtracting again. I can't wait to get through this part. :/