Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Surgery - December 27th!

HI everyone! We are now two days in! I am feeling really well. The only real issue I'm having is the constant gurgle in my stomache that tells me I need to burp.. But I can't! Anyone else experiencing that??

Tomorrow I start my protien liquid phase. Excited to have something else besides crystal light and chicken broth :)

How are you guys doing? Hangin in there?!!!

HI everyone! We are now two days in! I am feeling really well. The only real issue I'm having is the constant gurgle in my stomache that tells me I need to burp.. But I can't! Anyone else experiencing that??

Tomorrow I start my protien liquid phase. Excited to have something else besides crystal light and chicken broth :)

Congrats and you can use gas x to help with the trapped gas. Also it helps if someone pats your back to move the gas up and out...

I've been doing good too. I took my pain pump "on Q" out this morning. Took gas x strips at the hospital yesterday before I left, rubbing my stomach and walking seem to be keeping the gas at bay. Belching a lot though

Doing good! Home yesterday . Would live a great big BURP! Had a hiatal hernia repaired too do chest is tight... Feel it all !

Walking around house ( snow here in PA).

Hope u all r well !

Sent from my iPhone using VST

I just got home too. I am having the pain where the big incision is on my right side. I had a hiatal hernia repair too and maybe that's causing the pain. I tell ya, my surgery wasn't until 4pm and when I woke up yesterday morning in all that pain, I thought "what have I done to myself". Today was a whole lot better and I'm just so happy to be home. We got the hard part over with (I hope).

I feel a little unprepared really. I'm a last minute packer kind of person anyway :-) I think I'll get it all together though. (Probably on the 26th lol) not nervous really' date=' just excited![/quote']

Ladies! How are you all doing??

You have all been in my prayers! My surgery is Jan 16, today is my 44th birthday and I'm having trouble with my diet, had a few crackers and a rice cake! My Dr said start diet on 1st so today I guess I didn't do any real harm.

I hate Protein shakes! I thought I would share with y'all that the orange cream by Bariatric Advantage is pretty good. I too like the chicken Soup but must be careful about the temp! Too warm is gross and lumpy!

I'd love to hear how you all are doing-

How were those shots in stomach? Everyone have them?

I'm not having second thoughts but definitely scared! Did you all walk shortly after surgery? Out of bed fairly easy? Worst part? What was most helpful?

Thinking if you and looking forward to hearing how that fat butt kicking is going!

You guys rock! Cheers to a new journey in a healthy life!!!

Hi NVTammy,

I got mine done 12/27 and I'm feeling great already. I was so nervous too I cried a lot the night before and even on the operating table before I fell asleep. My doctor told me it was fine to back out even then but I'm so glad I didn't. I did have to get one shot in the stomach but they gave me the option to get in the back of my arm instead, it was a blood thinner. I walked a few hours after surgery and actually went home the same day so I had to make myself walk as much as possible. The worst part was first waking up and of course getting in and out of bed. On the other hand, I am feeling so much better after only two days so it IS worth it! Good luck to you!

I'm an RN too! I work in the NICU here. I know a lot of people who work at the hospital and have had the sleeve. I've heard nothing but good things! How is everyone feeling? I go in dec 31 (Monday). I'm feeling a bit nervous!

haha! i just gotta say this. . . . . .passing gas has never felt so good!! i just had to tell that to people i knew would understand. hopefully this means no more gas pains! whew, glad that's over. goodnight all!

Hi NVTammy' date='

I got mine done 12/27 and I'm feeling great already. I was so nervous too I cried a lot the night before and even on the operating table before I fell asleep. My doctor told me it was fine to back out even then but I'm so glad I didn't. I did have to get one shot in the stomach but they gave me the option to get in the back of my arm instead, it was a blood thinner. I walked a few hours after surgery and actually went home the same day so I had to make myself walk as much as possible. The worst part was first waking up and of course getting in and out of bed. On the other hand, I am feeling so much better after only two days so it IS worth it! Good luck to you![/quote']

Thanks so much! Since I was denied for hospital stay by insurance it's great to know someone who went home same day and doing well! Bless you! So happy for you & appreciate you sharing!

I was sleeved on the 27th also. I cannot get all my Protein in

I was sleeved on the 27th also. I cannot get all my Protein in

I had a really hard time getting in all my meals the first week too- at my 1 week post op my doc said not to worry that it will come- had my surg 12/20 down 17

I left the hospital 7 1/2 pounds heavier than before surgery

I left the hospital 7 1/2 pounds heavier than before surgery

Same for me. My. Hands were really swollen. I was up 8 pounds

It was depressing for the first few days. I don't know why, but I expected to be down ten pounds already and I am only three days post op lol