Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I have gone to a seminar and picked my surgeon out. My insurance will pay 80%, so I have to come up with the other 20%...I am saving now. I am hoping to have the surgery done between January and March. 2007. I am excited but very nrevous. I keep thinking of all that could go wrong...all kinds of what if's. But I can't wait to start losing weight. I want to be able to walk further and be able to breathe, not get short of breath. I want to be more active. I do things now but I want to be able to keep up with my family.

I have been overweight for years and I am afraid of having a heart attack or something. My dad and his sisters died young from heart attacks. My dad died at 44. I am hoping to be around longer for my daughter, she is 17. My dad died when i was 17. My mom just passed away in Aug.2005 from emphysema. It is hard not having my parents alive and I am hoping my daughter can have both of hers for along time.

I have been lurking for sometime now and have learned a lot from reading. I look forward to getting to know all of you.

Current weight: 238

Welcome AriesGirl,

You are fitting in just fine. All of of have had those same feelings --- not sure what to expect, am I doing the right thing, saving money for surgery. Its all part of the walk you will take on your journey of becoming a lapbander. Good luck to you.

Hiiiiii and welcome aboard AriesGirl

I am sorry to hear about your loss but you are doing the best thing you can by taking your family history in to consideration and doing somehthing about it. Have you had your heart checked, ekg, echo, stress test, etc? Do you have high blood pressure, cholestrol, diabestes?

http://goredforwomen.org/index.html

238 WOW I wished I weighed that. You must be a tad short, I'm 6'1" and hoping to 5'11 by time I lose the weight. LOL You know fat is everywhere on the body.

So what part of MD are you in?

Hi and welcome to LBT. As for thinking about all the what if's and what could go wrong if you have the surgery, thing about all the what if's and what could go wrong if you don't have the surgery. I am so sorry to hear about your family members. Hopefully, by having this surgery, you and your family will not have to face a similiar situation.

Hi Teresita, I am 5'3, yes, a tad short...lol. My highest weight was 246. I am in Southern Anne Arundel County of Maryland. Right now waiting for all the rain and winds coming. Are you in Maryland too?