Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I had my EGD done.. I had 2 go back the next day 2 get the results.. Everything was ok.. Then she broke the bad news 2 me.. My dr said that she is moving back 2 Canada for Personal Reasons.. Then she said the hospital is getting rid of her department @ the hospital.. She said not 2 worry because shes gonna refer everybody 2 another hospital.. I THINK DIS WILL DELAY ME AWHILE.. I only have 2 have 2 do the sleep study then they will send my stuff 2 my ins company!!! Wat should i do??

Check out other hospitals... submit everything you have and find out how fast the process is in each... then you let the clinic that will probably give you an earlier date submit your paperwork to insurance!

The positive thing is that vsg is quickly becoming a very well established procedure and there are a lot of doctors doing it. You really don't have to go very far to find a good surgeon. You can even go out of the country and have it done for a reasonable price. Good luck.

Leaving out of the country is not an option.. The Egd is Not Painful @ all.. Well afta ur throat will hurt.. I just felt a lil burn n my iV.. U wont remember nothing.. I cant tell you how long it takes cuz as soon as they give u meds n ur iV... IT KNOCKS YOU OUT COLD!!!

just wondering why you had to have an egd? i didn't have to

Bebe, get copies of all your tests, labs, clinical notes, everything!!! I don't see why any other bariatric physician will not accept that info. Good luck!!!

Abridgie, I can only speak for myself for the EGD but, I had a lapband and it slipped after 18 months and I had to have it removed. That is the reason I have to have the EGD...or that is what my surgeon said. He needs to see what kind of shape my stomach is in but doesn't anticipate any problems. I suppose they do EGD's for many reasons other than mine though. I don't mind having it done, my surgeon seems very knowledgable and I am comfortable with his decision to do it before surgery. The thing that DOES bother me is the cost. It's going to cost me $1750.00 and that is going to eat into my down payment for surgery. But, I may not have to worry about that. I may be getting a co-signer on carecredit so, I hope to have help. If not, I don't see this as being possible in the near future. I'm a full-time college student and my husband pays the bills until I graduate. He can afford the monthly payments of financing, we just have to get the financing first.

Thanks Bebee for the info. I had NO IDEA I would be put to sleep for it and now the cost is starting to make sense. I am not looking forward to it but, I don't seem to have any choice other than to get it done before surgery. I am sorry that your doctor is moving away and can't perform your surgery. I hope you find a better doctor. Where are you located?

I know all about the money! i'm lucky enough that i only had to put down $2500 and my parents paid that and i get to make payments to them. it's hard with a family of four on one income but it's well worth it. Good luck

Im live in Vacherie Louisiana

Im live in Vacherie Louisiana

I know several people who have had it done at Woman's in Baton Rouge, have you thought about BR? I know Vacherie isn't right down the road but its not that far considering the care you would be getting- some of the top in the state are there.

Thanks.. Im gonna call around 2day afta ma sleep study consult...

Do you kno if Womans Take Mediciad??

I am in NY and my WLS center had all the Doctors in the same area so all my pre-op appointments were pretty easy...All i had tp do was schedule my visits and show up all the paper work was fax or mail to my Dr. With that said try to find a wls center that works to benefit you...My appt process started end of October, by the last week of November eli was done with pre-op testing ...

I thought this would take longer bc I have medicaid and just found out I yesterday I am approved for Surgery...