Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Question for the Ladies RE: Stalls After Menstruation

Just wondering if this is something everyone experiences across the board or what. I keep track of my weight, daily, on a wall calendar so I can really pick up on patterns, etc. and here's what I've found...

I lose weight consistently throughout the month. I continue to lose while I am on my period. As soon as my period has ended, my weight loss stops and I basically don't lose anything for 7 to 10 days, though I do absolutely nothing different. Then suddenly, it starts coming off again at a rapid pace.

Anyone else experience this?

Just wondering if this is something everyone experiences across the board or what. I keep track of my weight, daily, on a wall calendar so I can really pick up on patterns, etc. and here's what I've found...

I lose weight consistently throughout the month. I continue to lose while I am on my period. As soon as my period has ended, my weight loss stops and I basically don't lose anything for 7 to 10 days, though I do absolutely nothing different. Then suddenly, it starts coming off again at a rapid pace.

Anyone else experience this?

Hi there, I haven't gotten to "that time of the month" yet but I have been wondering how it will or will not effect my weight loss. I'm like you, Iweigh daily and keep everything recorded in one of my son's extra composition books.i 'll be keep track and let you know if i seeth e same pattern.

continued luck to you!

Yes, that had been happening to me. I'm 4 months postop on Dec 21 (the day the world is supposed to end. ???? All my hard work will be for nothing!). Anyway, the first month I lost. The second & third month I lost about 5 pounds about a week after my TOM. I didn't gain any pre-TOM. Now it's supposed to start in 3 days. I losing my usual 1-1.5 pounds a week. But I bet next week my weight won't budge and then it will.

What's weird is if this was Water weight we'd gain during our TOM and lose right after, or when it starts. Odd. I thought it was just me, so thanks for posting about it.

I have not been sleeved yet, however I have managed to loose about 30+ pounds on my own. Anyway, I have noticed the exact same thing. And each month it seems to get worse. Now I stall mid-cycle and during. I seem to be more hormonal than normal. This worries me as I have not been sleeved yet. i can't imagine what I would be like when I loose more weight. I have read on this site a few posts about estrogen being stored in fat cells and when we loose weight estrogen is released in our body. And it takes time for our bodies to adjust. If anyone has more information to share I'd love to read about it. I even googled it and did not find much. The one thing I did find is that symtoms have been eased by taking an herbal supplement "Dong Quai". I just started taking it. I'll let you know if I this works.