Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Seems my complications are over...

Hi Everyone,

As you all know, I have had some problems with my band and at one point was told I had a concentric slip, pouch dilation and a prolapse. Seems all is well with my band. I have 2.00CC in there now and the Head of radiology who has lots of experience with bands did a one month post fill check up per my new lapband surgeons prescription. The pouch is close to normal size and everything is looking good. So my problem was long term pouch dilatation that has been resolved by emptying the band and giving it a rest during Aug/September 06. I have been very careful to keep my meals extremely small. I do have restriction although not like the way it was the first year and half of banding and I did gain weight over the last year, but I am working it off and hope by my 4 year bandiversary next year that I will get back to my lowest weight.

FYI: I was not aware that I was pouch packing or dilating my pouch. It was a slow year and a half process of being overfilled and stretching the pouch a little more everyday. Please keep your portions small and even if you dont get the full sign, stop at a reasonable portion of 5-8 oz of food total. I am back to bandster rules and I have lost 16 pounds of the weight I gained. I am still not at my lowest weight, but I am not gaining either.

Hugs,

Babs in TX

334/180 at my lowest/190's

Great news babs! I am so happy that they were able to correct things by giving your stomach a rest. You will get the extra pounds off I'm sure. Continued success on your journey.

Congratulations, babs!! That is wonderful news, and gives hope to all bandsters that perhaps we can keep it long-term. Thanks for letting us know!!

Hi Alex,

You seem to be doing great. ! I am so grateful for insurance. Mine will be running out at the end of November (hubby presently unemployed due to layoff at Motorola) so I am grateful that my band is fine. If I had to pay for all the tests I had done over the last few months , it would have cost a fortune. And if I had to be rebanded, it would have been really bad since although insurance would pay for the unbanding it is not clear if they will pay for the rebanding. The next problem will be interim insurance and if my hubby gets new insurance, who knows what they will cover???? Good thing I do have some money ( I own my company) and if I had to, I could afford a new band or removal. Wouldnt want to, but could.

Thanks for the support!!!

Babs in TX

Wonderful news! Good for you! Maybe I'll check into unfilling mine for awhile. I can eat pretty much anything I want anyway. I'm sure my pouch is stretched by now as well.. Much success!!