Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

getting in your protein!

So I see people having an issue getting in there Protein.. im using Isopure whey Protein powder it has 50mg of protien 1 carb and no sugar it comes in the same flavors as the isopure Liquid Protein drinks. One serving gives you 50mg of protein if any one wants to know.

post-43249-13813661532677_thumb.png

[ATTACH]7200[/ATTACH]

That sounds like a great way to get in your Protein but you should split it up over 2 meals because your body typically cannot absorb that much protein at one time. But if you split it you will get the full benefit.

That sounds like a great way to get in your Protein but you should split it up over 2 meals because your body typically cannot absorb that much Protein at one time. But if you split it you will get the full benefit.

Im on my two week liquid diet so right now I have to use two scoops and 12oz of Water 4 times a day. When I geton my post op I will break it up!

I am 9 days post op. I am having two shakes a day at 35g of Protein each. I am consuming the Premiere Protein Shakes with two TBSP of PB2.

I also have Isopure, but I have trouble with the flavor right now.

Best,

Sannah

I am 9 days post op. I am having two shakes a day at 35g of Protein each. I am consuming the Premiere Protein Shakes with two TBSP of PB2.

I also have ISOPURE' date=' but I have trouble with the flavor right now.

Best,

Sannah[/quote']

I got the chocolate flavor its ok. But its only day one for me.

I got the chocolate flavor its ok. But its only day one for me.

Where do you get it from? I am in central Texas.

Where do you get it from? I am in central Texas.

GNC

Im on my two week liquid diet so right now I have to use two scoops and 12oz of Water 4 times a day. When I geton my post op I will break it up!

Just so you know, the bodies inability to process more than 19-27g of Protein at a time has nothing to do with the surgery. Right now you are consuming 200g Protein, and only utilizing about 1/2 of it. Not that that's necessarily a bad thing. But you are consuming double the calories you need to for he limited benefit.

Just so you know' date=' the bodies inability to process more than 19-27g of Protein at a time has nothing to do with the surgery. Right now you are consuming 200g Protein, and only utilizing about 1/2 of it. Not that that's necessarily a bad thing. But you are consuming double the calories you need to for he limited benefit.[/quote']

This is the protein my surgeon has me on and sell in there office.. considering the fact that I work nights I sleep in the day.im not up in the day to consume the necessary calories for this liquid diets taking in the account that im on 2000 mg of metformin the higher calorie whey protien is whats best for me. It has about 220 calories im only drinking 3 shakes a day which is 680 Water Powerade zero no calories in that. Two s/f jellos which has 10 and a cup of low sodium broth which leaves me under 720 calories.

I start my post op I will only be using half of the amount im using now. Or the Bariatric Advantage brand.