Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I thought I'd be a whole lot happier....

Ladies and Gents,

I am starting to think that it is just me being depressed. I really thought that I would be a lot happier about having surgery and to me its just "blah" i guess. I think about it and am like O.K., I got approved, whats new?

I believe I am soo used to having something that I want really bad not come to me or having to fight really hard to have it.

Trust me, I am greatful, but I just cant shake the "ordinary" feeling.

I have had a lot going on in these past weeks. I also am super pissed that the coordinator for the surgeons office was so damned pessimistic. She all but guaranteed that I would be denied due to her previous 1 experience. She doesnt return emails, nor phone calls unless i call her supervisor, the office is unorganized and I never can get any "great" information. So was her lack of enthusiasm rubbing off on me? I dont know. Sad thing is, the doctor is awesome.. He is new to the hospital and I must say, I dont think he knows the half of it.

I can see why you'd be discouraged! I'm willing to be that you get more excited the closer to your surgery date, though. Congratulations on being approved, this will be the best thing you ever do for yourself! It was for me. :) Emotions will rise and fall, just enjoy the ride as much as you can. Good luck!!!

Thats just the thing Darla, (which i failed to mention in my original post, I am still waiting on her to call me with a surgery date. The last time I spoke to the surgeon, he advised that he was scheduling a month out. That was on 11/21. The closer I get to the end of the year, the longer that date gets pushed back. Now don't get me wrong, I am in no rush to have the surgery as the weight did not come on over night, but I am one who likes to have my house in order before major events and she is really pushing the envelope on that.

Ugh, I understand that! I'm the same way, I like to have everything organized and scheduled. She's not being very helpful! I hope you get your date soon. Hugs!

Sorry to hear your woes. Where are you? I would complain to her supervisor. You are not being treated well and it is unacceptable! Good luck!

I am in richmond va. I have complained to her supervisor about the first incident. Granted the last time i spoke with her was on tuesday about scheduling, but of course i was put in the "holding pattern" and told to wait for her phone call.

Thanks darla. I hope soo too:-(

Just remember this... The squeaky wheel gets the grease. Keep calling her and eventually you will get what you need. I understand how you feel. You are guarding yourself from disappointment should something or somebody pull the tug out from under you. You sound a lot like me in that regard. If you say it first, maybe it won't hurt so bad when it happens. Keep your head up. Your emotions are going to be all over the place for the next couple of months. Fingers crossed for you!!!

Thanks mezanne. The emotions are definately on the war path. My coworkers even asked me if i was pregnant!. Lol. I wish. 1 main reason for the surgery...

I felt same way for a couple of months after my surgery. I was eating according to plan but was inactive. Losing slowly. Then I went on a European vacation and was VERY active. That activity did the trick and my weight loss went into overdrive! I started losing inches like crazy and people were complimenting me left and right. I'm 7 1/2 mos post-op and went from a size 24 to a 16. I think you need to really NOTICE the weight loss and you will feel like a million!

Thanx jena. I will remeber that for when i have my surgery!

Yay !!! you have your date. You will do great. Good luck

'bout time! good luck!

Thanx olivers mom

Tina, i know thats right. Sad thing is she keeps lying about what she has done. Today it was " oh ive been out for the past few days with the flu and dr bittner just handed me your file.... b.s. but whatever works. Im not in a rush. Just have to push my dom. Repub. Vacation back a few days (in may)