Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

For those who had at least a month before your surgery, did you pig out and plan your "last meal" sort to speak? If so.... What was it?

I just ate the way I always did up until I started my pre-op diet. I didn't want to develop any new bad habits before surgery.

Sent from my iPad using VST

I am working hard to lose now. I have lost 26 lbs since the end if September. I can't lose more than 10 lbs or the dr. won't do the surgery. I have cut back on working out so much and I'm going to relax, but not go crazy, over the holidays. I will probably go to a couple of my favorite restaurants before surgery, but again, I am not wanting to add more work to do after surgery so I don't plan on going hog wild. I would still like to lose 5 more pounds before my surgery date, January 18th.

I didn't just plan my last meal, I planned my last meals .....

Burger King

Indian takeaway

Chinese takeaway

Dominos pizza

Kebab

& finally my home cooked full English Breakfast (and believe me, it was a FULL one).

And before I had any of them, I got the letter from the hospital with my surgery date & instructions to start my pre-op diet immediately. So, I didn't get to have any of them.

Ahh well, that's life.

I didn't plan my last meals because I knew they weren't my last meal. I did start eating 1/2 portions about 3 months pre-opt. I find it really helpful to just down size portions. Now my portions are really down sized. :)

No I was on a low carb/high Protein diet with my NUT and then a 3 week pre op diet before surgery.

The week before I went on my liquid diet, I pigged out on everything. One day was chicken nuggets, one day was Thai food, the next was burgers and fries, then Chinese buffet, etc. While it's not that I'll never have those things again, it's that they're forever associated in my head with eating food in large quantities and I don't know if I could eat them without OVEREATING them, so I plan to stay away from them.

I'm two months away from my surgery date. I'm still eating like I usually do, but am watching the scale as I don't want to gain anymore and make it harder on myself to lose the required amount of weight during my pre-op diet. I scheduled surgery way back in Oct. for Feb....gave my weight at the time, so if I don't arrive at the hospital in Feb. having lost 5% from that starting point, my surgery could be cancelled. Still though, I am acutely aware when eating of how things will change once I'm sleeved...I'm mentally checking off things I won't be able to continue...drinking with my meals, taking big bites (the kind that hurt going down!), gulping, eating super fast, cleaning my plate, having large quantities, and so on. This has changed my habits a little already in that I am more mindful of at least HOW I'm eating. Still not changing much WHAT I'm eating....working on that though! Getting our heads in the right place is the biggest part of this process I do believe :)

Sorry...that was kinda rambling.....but YES! I have been having "last meals"..or at least plan on not visiting them again for a good while down the road after surgery! :)

My last meal was yesterday... I ate sushi

I was sooo ready for this surgery that "last meal" or pigging out never entered my mind!

I was sooo ready for this surgery that "last meal" or pigging out never entered my mind!

That was me too. Never dawned on me to have a last meal. And like someone else said, we don't need to because we can still eat normal foods, just not as much.

I ate like normal except I cut out pop and sugar a few weeks before. But i did have one last big meal the night before preop diet started.

Hubby took me to red lobster. Yum