Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi everyone... Newbie here... Waiting for approval from Aetna and if all goes well I will have mine done in January. I am preparing to buy things like: pill cutter/smasher, Vitamins, heating pad, etc... I want to make sure when I come home I have everything I need to keep me comfortable. Wondering what you guys bought and how did you prepare?

Hi everyone... Newbie here... Waiting for approval from Aetna and if all goes well I will have mine done in January. I am preparing to buy things like: pill cutter/smasher, Vitamins, heating pad, etc... I want to make sure when I come home I have everything I need to keep me comfortable. Wondering what you guys bought and how did you prepare?

Ooh, I have a whole post on it. I'll copy and paste :)

From www.allstarhealth.com

Optimum Gold Mocha Cappuccino: $24.99

nectar Fuzzy Navel: $31.65

Shipping: $5.95

From Amazon:

powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury chicken Broth: $23.95

Unjury Unflavored: $21.95

Shipping: $8.05

From GNC.com

Lean Desserts chocolate Coconut: $33.99

Shipping: $3.62

Tax: $3.17

From eBay.com

Bosley Shampoo & Conditioner 33.8 oz: $43.95

Shipping: $9.95

Bosley Regrowth hair Treatment 2 Months Supply: $27.22 w/ Free Shipping

Bosley Thickening Treatment 6.8 oz: $19.50 w/ Free Shipping

From www.CelebrateVitamins.com:

Multivitamin chewable Mandarin Orange 30 Day Supply: $15.95

Multivitamin Chewable Grape 30 Day Supply: $15.95

Multivitamin Chewable pineapple strawberry 30 Day Supply: $15.95

Iron+C 30mg Chewable Grape 30 Day Supply: $9.95

Calcium+500 Cherry Tart 30 Day Supply: $19.95

Shipping: $10.05

From www.vitacost.com

Nature's Way Biotin 1000mg 100 Lozenges: $5.19

Shipping: $4.19

From CVS:

Biotene Mouth Spray: $7.29

Adult liquid Tylenol: $5.99

Tax: $1.00

From Walgreens:

Gas-X Thin Strips Cinnamon 18 Count: $6.49

Gas-X Thin Strips Peppermint 18 Count: $6.49

Tax: $1.30

From Trader Joes:

sublingual B-12: $6.00 (I think!) Per Bottle x2

From Grocery Store:

$50 worth of Jello, G2, Flavored Waters, & Diet V8 fusion Jucies

$25 worth of ingredients to make chicken broth

Total Out of Pocket for Surgery: $0.00 :D

Total Out of Pocket for Surgery Prep: $494.63

Disclaimer: I need to be on Protein for 6 weeks so I bought a lot of it. You most likely won't need that much! I'm also EXTREMELY paranoid about Hair loss so there is that big extra expense in there for preventative hair loss treatment from Bosley.

Thanks Becky... But is all that for the first two weeks or overall?

Well, they are all different quantities.

The Jello and waters that I spent $50 on I consider grocery expenses and will only be the first few weeks

The chicken broth supplies that I spent $25 on will only last for the first few weeks but again, grocery costs

The Protein powders will last me the 6 weeks I need to be on Protein supplements

The Multivitamins will last me 3 months

The Iron and Calcium will only last a month.

The B12 and the Biotin will last 2 months.

The hair care will last 6 months

The gas-x strips and biotene mouth spray along with the tylenol are only for the first few weeks but are really necessities that you should buy!

I think that covers it, my monthly expenses are on Vitamins which run roughly $70 a month then when I need to re-purchase hair care it'll be the same cost for another 6 months.

I can't find my packet of what I need to do when I first get home... I need to get another one ASAP so I can stick up. When is your surgery n where? Mine is in ny @ Lenox hospital

Not all Proteins are created equal, buy your samples now: bjsbariatrics.com, mybariatricpantry.com, ohyeahnutrition.com, and bariatrichoice.com are good websites....

I can't find my packet of what I need to do when I first get home... I need to get another one ASAP so I can stick up. When is your surgery n where? Mine is in ny @ Lenox hospital

Yep, get that! My surgery is next Wednesday at Des Peres Hospital in St. Louis :)

Not all Proteins are created equal' date=' buy your samples now: bjsbariatrics.com, mybariatricpantry.com, ohyeahnutrition.com, and bariatrichoice.com are good websites....[/quote']

Do the even offer samples? I'm online but dnt see it... Guess I have to dig deeper! Lol

Ooh' date=' I have a whole post on it. I'll copy and paste :)

From www.allstarhealth.com

Optimum Gold Mocha Cappuccino: 24.99

nectar Fuzzy Navel: 31.65

Shipping: 5.95

From Amazon:

powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury chicken Broth: 23.95

Unjury Unflavored: 21.95

Shipping: 8.05

From GNC.com

Lean Desserts chocolate Coconut: 33.99

Shipping: 3.62

Tax: 3.17

From eBay.com

Bosley Shampoo & Conditioner 33.8 oz: 43.95

Shipping: 9.95

Bosley Regrowth hair Treatment 2 Months Supply: 27.22 w/ Free Shipping

Bosley Thickening Treatment 6.8 oz: 19.50 w/ Free Shipping

From www.CelebrateVitamins.com:

Multivitamin chewable Mandarin Orange 30 Day Supply: 15.95

Multivitamin Chewable Grape 30 Day Supply: 15.95

Multivitamin Chewable pineapple strawberry 30 Day Supply: 15.95

Iron+C 30mg Chewable Grape 30 Day Supply: 9.95

Calcium+500 Cherry Tart 30 Day Supply: 19.95

Shipping: 10.05

From www.vitacost.com

Nature's Way Biotin 1000mg 100 Lozenges: 5.19

Shipping: 4.19

From CVS:

Biotene Mouth Spray: 7.29

Adult liquid Tylenol: 5.99

Tax: 1.00

From Walgreens:

Gas-X Thin Strips Cinnamon 18 Count: 6.49

Gas-X Thin Strips Peppermint 18 Count: 6.49

Tax: 1.30

From Trader Joes:

sublingual B-12: 6.00 (I think!) Per Bottle x2

From Grocery Store:

50 worth of Jello, G2, Flavored Waters, & Diet V8 fusion Jucies

25 worth of ingredients to make chicken broth

Total Out of Pocket for Surgery: 0.00 :D

Total Out of Pocket for Surgery Prep: 494.63

Disclaimer: I need to be on Protein for 6 weeks so I bought a lot of it. You most likely won't need that much! I'm also EXTREMELY paranoid about Hair loss so there is that big extra expense in there for preventative hair loss treatment from Bosley.[/quote']

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using VST

Do the even offer samples? I'm online but dnt see it... Guess I have to dig deeper! Lol

So if you go to mybariatricpantry.com you can click SHOP and it will bring up the samples page, go to

so if you go to mybariatricpantry.com click shop and it will take you to the samples page, if you go to bjsbariatrics.com and scroll down the first page you will see the nectar sample pack and you can choose your own flavors or you can call 1-866-333-7403 Ext. 803 mon-fri 8-5 central time and request the nectar sample pack for 15.99. at ohyeahnutrition.com click sample kits and they have different samples you can order pretty cheap. at bariatricchoice.com you can do a live chat and request the bariatric surgery sample pack for free. I also ordered samples of Celebrate bariatric Vitamins at celebratevitamins.com they give you one of everything they sell for 3 dollars. hope this helped.

so if you go to mybariatricpantry.com click shop and it will take you to the samples page, if you go to bjsbariatrics.com and scroll down the first page you will see the nectar sample pack and you can choose your own flavors or you can call 1-866-333-7403 Ext. 803 mon-fri 8-5 central time and request the nectar sample pack for 15.99. at ohyeahnutrition.com click sample kits and they have different samples you can order pretty cheap. at bariatricchoice.com you can do a live chat and request the bariatric surgery sample pack for free. I also ordered samples of Celebrate bariatric Vitamins at celebratevitamins.com they give you one of everything they sell for 3 dollars. hope this helped.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using VST

so where did you find adult liquid tylenol, i thought it was all recalled?

so where did you find adult liquid tylenol, i thought it was all recalled?

No, but you see CVS carries their own brand of adult extra strength liquid tylenol. I can find ANYTHING :D