Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Having issue wih meat

I have always had a bit of an "issue" with meat. If it is too chewy or has any fat or gristle I had a hard time eatng it. Now that I am 3 months post-op it is even worse. I frequenly find myself spitting out the bite of meat if it is too chewy. Anyone else have this? I have been eating a lot of Protein Bars but know I am supposed to working on getting away froom those.

New born animal meat!!! That does not sound very appealing!! Lol veal sounds a little better. Lol I gave trouble with beef at 3 1/2 months. tuna and chicken go down much easier for sure and no bubbling after. I have had decent success with frozen meatballs but can only eat about 5 and I'm stuffed.

I am not able to eat steak. Tender or whatever, it does not agree with me. I wasn't really a fish eater before surgery, but that is now one of my favorite foods to order at a restaurant. Good source of Protein and the sleeve seems to love it. chicken too, if it is tender enough.

However ANY meat my mom cooks seems to cause problems for the sleeve... my mom comes from the school of "If it ain't like shoe leather, it isn't done." Seriously, I need reconstitute my turkey or ham with Water... UGH. I've even given her a digital thermometer and showed her how to use it - that when the meat gets to x degrees, it's DONE.

I agree with you. Pre and Post up I cannot stand fat in meat. I really only eat ground meat. I have a tough time with chicken breast sometimes too.

I suppose technically you don't have to eat certain types of meat at all as long as you are aware of your Protein intake. Tofu, steamed fish, lentils, egg whites, cheese, Beans, are all good sources of protein. There are even a few vegetarian sleevers around here that seem to do just fine.

I have always had a bit of an "issue" with meat. If it is too chewy or has any fat or gristle I had a hard time eatng it. Now that I am 3 months post-op it is even worse. I frequenly find myself spitting out the bite of meat if it is too chewy. Anyone else have this? I have been eating a lot of Protein bars but know I am supposed to working on getting away froom those.

Are you craving meat? Because if not, then I would just stick to Protein sources you enjoy...like the many mentioned: legumes, tofu or tempeh....Also, don't forget quinoa. Quinoa is a seed. You need to rinse it off before cooking, but once cooked, it is much like couscous. Quinoa has the exact same Proteins as milk, so that is why you are seeing it more and more in grocery stores. Very nutritious.

You can be a vegetarian and have the sleeve. Just make sure you're getting plenty of Protein from other sources.

meat has to be very moist & soft for me too. I eat a lot of meat salads that I make myself to control fat and additives (chicken salad, tuna salad, ham salad, etc). I love shrimp and fish. chicken and turkey are nearly always a problem unless I cook them in the crock pot. I use ground turkey instead of ground beef and we rarely eat beef unless it's a roast (again, crock pot).

If you don't have a crock pot, invest in one. They are on sale here at Christmas time. I have a small one if I'm cooking just a couple of individual servings and a family size for a family meal.

You can be a vegetarian and have the sleeve. Just make sure you're getting plenty of Protein from other sources.

meat has to be very moist & soft for me too. I eat a lot of meat salads that I make myself to control fat and additives (chicken salad' date=' tuna salad, ham salad, etc). I love shrimp and fish. chicken and turkey are nearly always a problem unless I cook them in the crock pot. I use ground turkey instead of ground beef and we rarely eat beef unless it's a roast (again, crock pot).

If you don't have a crock pot, invest in one. They are on sale here at Christmas time. I have a small one if I'm cooking just a couple of individual servings and a family size for a family meal.[/quote']

Do you have an easy recipe for boneless chicken breast in the crockpot? And I mean easy. ;-) I haven't gotten the trick yet to crockpot cooking & I don't eat red meat. Thanks! And sorry for hijacking your post OP!

I do not put chicken breast in the crock pot but use thighs instead.

Here is a delicious though weird ingredient chicken recipe.

Chicken Adobo(philipino dish)

equal amounts of light soy sauce and vinegar also lots of garlic.

cover chicken in crock pot and simmer.