Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Nervous... Scared... Excited... Terrified

My surgery date is December 19th. I'm excited but very nervous.

I know Im doing the right thing but the lack of family support makes the surgery so much more intense. I go to my doctor appointments and feel happiness and daydream about the new me.

Then I leave and hear how unneccessary this is from mother and my boyfriend. They are totally against the surgery. More or less they are scared I'm going to go in for surgery and die. No pressure huh... So to avoid any debates I just don't bring it up. Eventhough I can easily state the tons of pro's.

My dad is dying of stomach cancer. My mom has heart disease. She has had triple bypass, and has had multiple stents. My grandfather died of a heart attack at an early age and my grandmother died of colon cancer. The surgery would reduce my risk of both.

Not to mention be healthier, feel better and look great!

So glad I found this app. It has really kept me sane. Just wish my family would support me...

Ready to get the surgery part over and start working on the "new me."

Omg..your comment sounds like you are talking about me...my mom is against me having the surgery too...as well as my sister friends etc...it sucks not having the support at home ..which is why I decided to get on here...I am so excited for my surgery on 12/18.... Even if others are not!!!

Hi Biddy, we're sleeve sisters. I'm having my surgery on the 19th as well. My husband is against it, he too worries about my dying on the table; but I've gotten great support from my friends at work and family. They just want me to be healthy and happy. This site is fabulous and it's awesome to have people goin through or having gone through all the phases we will be going through. Good luck on your journey and I hope we can stay in touch for support. Here's to smooth recoveries :)

That's too bad your family doesn't support you. Must make it hard. I I hope you have friends or even a support group to help you through. I've been pretty lucky. My hubby supports my decision. He is worried though and sometimes will tell me maybe I don't need the surgery because I'm doing an awesome job at losing weight (30lbs in 6 weeks). And I have to remind him of the other times I've lost weight in the past. He mentioned eating out last night.we were at a Christmas party and neither of us finished our plates. I told him we will be able to order one dinner and an extra plate! Just think how much money we will save lol.

Ive heard and read that sometimes after the sucessful weight loss marriages or relationships end...they blame the patient..maybe they should blame themselves for being unsupportive jacka**es......thankfully so far my hubby is supportive