Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I Hop observation

I- HOP PEOPLE<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

<o:p></o:p>

It is 11:00 AM and I am sitting in an I Hop waiting for a business associate to meet me, she's late. As I sit here waiting and observing my surroundings I notice several things.<o:p></o:p>

The majority of the people here at this time are in their 60's there are a few younger but not much younger, you can tell the difference because they have the tattoo's and request the smoking section. <o:p></o:p>

As they open the door and walk to the restaurant they walk quickly standing tall with a little hop in there step. <o:p></o:p>

Everyone requests a booth. I wonder why, is it because in a booth you feel as though the people surrounding you won't see how much you eat? Is it because you can?I always wanted to sit in a booth it made me feel better about my self maybe I wasn't THAT fat. You know if worst comes to worse you can sit straighter and rest your boobs on the table! You can be guaranteed that you will get sticky sitting in the booth. Even though you watch the waitress wipe off the table, somebody had poured to much Syrup and the waitress missed that spot.<o:p></o:p>

This meal has nothing to do with feeling comfortable in a booth or tasting a meal that is so good your going to go home and tell a friend they need to go there. It has everything to do with filling up the stomach with lots of greasy food. <o:p></o:p>

There mouths are watering, is it going to be 3 eggs over easy side of 3 pancakes, hashbrowns, sausage links and toast? Or one of their other dishes, perhaps Swedish pancakes, blintzes, waffles, or an omelet? What ever it is it is going to be BIG, who cares if it tastes good, big is what counts to these folks this morning.<o:p></o:p>

Back in High School I used to come here. Oh it was such a treat Joyce, David, Patty, Matt and a few others of us would cut school drive over to Wayne NJ and Hop into I-Hop I always ordered the exact same thing a waffle with blueberry commode whip cream and sausage links. Sometimes we would all go late at night. We always got a booth. I could fit very easily in the booth back them. As I sit here memories of those days come back and it was a very fun and enjoyable treat. We didn't go very after because it was quite a distance from where we lived. <o:p></o:p>

I'm still waiting, she's not here yet. That's ok, I am truly enjoying sitting here reminiscing of the old days. Now some of the people are leaving. They are not standing as straight as they did when they walked in. There not even smiling, and they are kind of hunched over. You know that feeling, sticky fingers and I can't believe I ate the whole thing! I feel sick. <o:p></o:p>

Well it has been a half an hour. I haven't eaten a thing and I feel sticky and full.<o:p></o:p>