Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ok, I am officially insane!

If you do not do some research and learn what is ok to eat and not ok, you will not be very good with this tool you have now, it dose not lose the weight for you you have to feed it right in order for it to work with you to lose the weight I dont see how anyone came this far without learning this. I wish you the best of luck but please learn how to feed your sleeve so it works right. FRIED bread, you had to know

Wow, this makes me really not want to post on here anymore. I come on here for help and support and not to be admonished. And not to be treated like there's something wrong with me for eating that. I know they aren't the best choice. No one has to tell me that. I had also been on a pre-op diet for 6 weeks and then a week of Soups etc so a little something is not going to kill me. All things in moderation. This post is only a small glimpse in to my life and what I eat and do. I'm not perfect. If we all were with our eating then we wouldn't need help.

You want support for eating fried dough as your first food following weight loss surgery. How is that going to be helpful to you?

Mom2irishtwins - you are right about that. It won't help me. And I made a mistake. And I do appreciate the concern and advice. It was early when I saw these and I had also been PM'd an admonishing message too. So that upset me.

What exactly did you want us to say to you?

Hey buttrfli. Yeah I understand what sum are thinking and saying. But yes we ALL slip. I say...as long as you realize the slip move on and do better girl. You need to get out and do some shopping! Get lots of healthy foods and Snacks so u are not tempted to eat bad choices. Get mom and everyone else in board. Tell them to support u and your new diet. Etc etc. your stomach is fine but youll only be succezsfull with it if your successful with your diet and exercise. So get your hinie in gear and back on track. What is your first short term goal? Example- for your first 20lbs loss THEN maybe u can have a small treat. Set small goals. But this soon out u need to be following your doctors orders to a T! Wish u well :-)

Wow' date=' this makes me really not want to post on here anymore. I come on here for help and support and not to be admonished. And not to be treated like there's something wrong with me for eating that. I know they aren't the best choice. No one has to tell me that. I had also been on a pre-op diet for 6 weeks and then a week of Soups etc so a little something is not going to kill me. All things in moderation. This post is only a small glimpse in to my life and what I eat and do. I'm not perfect. If we all were with our eating then we wouldn't need help.[/quote']

I mean she may have fallen off the wagon for a moment, and she knows its wrong. Regardless of the matter, I think we should all show a bit of support. Not everyone is the same, and not everyone has the same will power that others do.

Do I think raviolis and fried dough were a good first choice? No, and I stated such. But you all also need to remember that a lot of us get judged on what we do/what we eat. I see people posting about things that I would never imagine doing or eating right now as I am extremely strict in what I'll even look at at this point. But I don't preach, because a lot of us newbies are still learning.

I'm just saying, be nice with your comments. Some of the comments came off as attacks and for a SUPPORT group, that's not very supportive.

Thank you deltatrans44 and seriouslychange!! I had pretty much cleared out my food in my kitchen except for surgery stuff and I hadn't had a chance to shop for this phase. I am going to the store to stock up today. Egg beaters and cheese! Maybe ham salad or can I have boars head deli meat? That's a soft meat right? Cottage cheese! Oatmeal! Any other suggestions?

So.....I just want to add that this is something that what people call us 'old timers' are frustrated with. The OP posted that she was eating items that she shouldn't be eating. Two weeks out and eating fried dough can be life threatening, never mind unhealthy. So if we don't call her on it we are guilty of not 'supporting' correctly. We can't say it was ok for her to eat it or justify that it was ok. That would be enabling her AND when other newbies read it then they may find a way to justify bad eating. Is it tough love? Yes. No doubt. But it needs to be. At only two weeks out the OP should have some knowledge of what she can and can't eat. And if she doesn't then we need to help guide her, and that guiding IS telling her NO to bad foods. If she doesn't want our help, then she shouldn't post. I for one hope she does continue to reach out and can understand why we won't give in to her bad eating.

This sounds cruel, but OP, your mom sounds like a bit of an enabler. Don't let her sabotage all your good work so far! And yes, please go the store and get some good foods. Check out the food & nutrition forum for ideas for shakes etc. Yes, you will lose weight eating poorly, but you will not be healthy. Take this time to retrain yourself and learn to eat to support your health.

I do wish you the best of luck.

Its a way to be supportive without being outright mean and rude. Hey buttrfli...i have some info on foods to eat at different stages and how much.protein is in those foods. You have an email I can send them to u? Its stages 1-4 from my doc. Im surprised your surgeon or nutritionist hasnt given u something similiar...

Deltatrans44

I do have a list of things from my NUT I am trying to interpret lol Plus any other suggestions :) I will PM you my email address I can see what's on your list.

I don't feel I was rude, I think it just wasn't what OP wanted to hear.

Wish you the best of luck! I would contact your surgeon or Nutritionist for a list of what foods you should be eating when. For me, personally, I had a very strict list for the week 3-4 period. I think it was eggs, Reduced-Fat Peanut Butter, Milk and Cottage-Cheese. No more than 1/4 cup (or 1 egg or 2 TBSP's peanut butter) and I was to eat 3 times per day with no Snacks. Every surgeon's recommendations are different, however.

Thank you deltatrans44 and seriouslychange!! I had pretty much cleared out my food in my kitchen except for surgery stuff and I hadn't had a chance to shop for this phase. I am going to the store to stock up today. Egg beaters and cheese! Maybe ham salad or can I have boars head deli meat? That's a soft meat right? Cottage cheese! Oatmeal! Any other suggestions?

Weetabix, innocent smoothies, puréed prawn with Marie Rose sauce. Puréed chicken. Quiche ( just don't eat the crust) omelettes, Greek yoghurt,rice pudding( muller rice with apple or raspberry etc) Hope this helps hunny. Don't let other people attack you or put you down, if we were all perfect then we wouldn't of needed this surgery. You are not a stupid person, you know you made a mistake, but hey that's life. We learn from our mistakes and move on.

I am actually quite disgusted that some people feel like they can condemn and bully people on this site when it was set up so that we could support each other. People should have a think about how they felt being overweight and stared at and judged by that one thing by others rather than on the whole person they are before writing nasty words to others who are in a different vulnerable situation. I was always taught If you have nothing nice to say then don't say anything at all and really stand by this. If you don't like what someone has eaten etc.. Then either kindly guide them in the right direction or simply don't reply to the post. Xxxx

Oh Lorraine! Thank you so much! I always say that it's not what you say it's how you say it. Which is so true! We have all been made fun of or judged because of our weight and our eating. I am sure most of us have been dealing with it our whole lives! Some even by our own families :( it's never given me a thick skin though. I've always tried to make up for it and have others see past my weight and food choices. An afternoon of bad choices isn't going to set me back though. I'm 37 and been through a bad divorce and left with even lower self esteem from it....but I've never given up on myself and continue to move up/forward mistakes and all! :)