Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Constipation- 4day postop

I had my sleeve this past Monday Dec3. I am getting my fluids in with crystal light, chicken broth, Protein Shakes, sf Jello and sf Popsicles. But Constipation is bad right now. About to send my hubby out for a suppository. Cuz I've already tried drinking milk of magnesia, but it's awful and I don't want to chance it making me puke. Any other suggestions?!!!

Why do you think you are constipated? You haven't eaten any solid food in how long? There is nothing there. Yes you probably have gas, but very little if any solid waste. At least, that's normally the case.

I'm also 4 days post op. Doing very well. Hard to get the 2 shakes in but yesterday I almost did it along with 64 oz of Clear Liquids. Walking and sipping, sipping and walking. I haven't eaten since last Thursday and I haven't had a bm since Saturday. I don't feel stopped up--just wondering when or if I should be concerned. I'm on the 2 shake diet till I see my surgeon on Dec 20 and then he will most likely more me to pureed foods. Anyone with experience on just shakes and clears should pipe in here and let us know. Thanks.

Sorry, my question was what have you tried for Constipation that works? Preferably not oral solutions. Update:my hubs picked up some glycerin suppositories just now. I'll let y'all know if that works. I know I'm constipated. Same feelings I had after delivering my babies. And I did eat my last preop meal sunday night and haven't had a bm since. So that's what I assume I need to eliminate. Fingers crossed this works. My tummy is in knots and my bum hurts :(

I wrote about this on my blog and after looking around and also asking my doc-super normal! Taking a stool softener will help! Did you do a pre-sleeve liquid diet? Also, do you know if they um, evacuate the premises when they put you out? Sometimes I heard docs do this...

So it could be a week or more.

I took 2 stool softeners on Sunday and woohoo---actually went a little. No cramps, pain or anything--just worked.