Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

New Band And I Feel Like A New Man

Hello Fellow Band Fans! My name is Kevin and I live in Southern California. I received my VG Band on October 16, 2006 (one week ago). My surgeon was the renowned Dr. Ortiz of the Obesity Control Center located in Tijuana, Mexico (barely its a 3 minute drive from the border with California).

Before I embarked on my new banding I had a full physical, lab work, and psychological testing on my own in the states. My BMI was high so I lost 30 pounds on my own during the 5 weeks preceding surgery. All was well and I made my surgery appointment. We arrived on Sunday evening, had labs and surgery on Monday at OCC, and was released to go home on Tuesday. Today I will be making my appointment for my first fill with OCC.

I can't be more thankful this procedure is available and I am on a journey to better health. Great board and posts! Glad to meet you all! Kevin

Welcome Kevin. I hope you have a great journey. Surprised that you are already thinking of a fill. I had my 1st one at 4 weeks and thought that was agressive!

Again welcome.

Hey Kevin, welcome to LBT! Im with Barbara, I waited 8 weeks for my first fill. I probably waited a bit too long but I think 6 weeks would be optimal, at least in my case. Good luck to you!

Welcome Kevin. I hope you have a great journey. Surprised that you are already thinking of a fill. I had my 1st one at 4 weeks and thought that was aggressive! Again welcome.
Barbara, Thanks for the words of welcome. I do have the VG band which I understand gives me less restriction and may need more fills to be at it's sweet spot also my schedule changes and gets more hectic in December so I am looking at November 27. Four weeks . Wow. Aggressive is right. Appreciate your response and welcome! Kevin

Kari, Thanks for feedback and welcome! We shall see if I can get scheduled for 6 weeks.Kevin

Congrats! It's great to hear you're doing so well! Mine is Nov. 9, and can't wait!

Even with a few butterflies!

Congrats! It's great to hear you're doing so well! Mine is Nov. 9, and can't wait!

Even with a few butterflies!

Winner, Congratulations to you! For me at least the waiting for my band date to arrive was more nerve racking than the actual procedure. Once it's over you will feel a bit sore and maybe weak but you will satisfied. Nov. 9 will be here before you know it.:clap2: Kevin

Hi Kev,

I was banded by Dr Ortiz on 9/28 and am SO delighted with everything ..Dr Ortiz and his entire staff and procedure were just fantastic...

I am scheduled for my 1st fill 11/10 which will put me at 6 weeks.

I have to fly from Florida but I am so impressed by OCC that I would not think of going elsewhere for this 1st fill.

Good luck on your journey.

Peggy

Hi Kev,

I was banded by Dr Ortiz on 9/28 and am SO delighted with everything ..Dr Ortiz and his entire staff and procedure were just fantastic...

I am scheduled for my 1st fill 11/10 which will put me at 6 weeks.

I have to fly from Florida but I am so impressed by OCC that I would not think of going elsewhere for this 1st fill.

Good luck on your journey.

Peggy

Peggy, I just missed you by a couple weeks. You and I are on the same page when it comes to Dr. Ortiz and his staff. They are wonderful, knowledgeable experts. Each one takes their profession so seriously and compassionatly.

You are dedicated to fly from Florida. I am lucky to be just about 2 hours from the border which made it so easy. I was very thankful that his clinic is so close. But you can make a vacation out of it and I have to fight the traffic. In fact I live so close that he said I could go home the day after surgery. Which I did with no issues. The clinic did call me the day after I got home to see how I was doing. Best wishes to you on your journey too. Let us know how the first fill goes! Kevin