Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Got called fat...an NSV

Yeah Susan!!!! Isn't it great to see those sizes going down!!!! I couldn't even FIND a really comfortable pair of jeans...hadn't worn REAL jeans with no elastic for years. I bought a pair of regular size 18 (you know the ones without a W after the number..lol) as a goal. I can button and zip them, but there's still way to much "muffin top" to wear in public, the problem is the legs are too big.

You're doing great Susan!!! Keep up the good work!!!

As for the steps, hate eats people up. You can get up in the morning look at yourself in the mirror and know your ok. Its the steps that are being eaten up. Its their loss, they could have a bigger family with more people to love, its their choice not to. I was fortunate in that department. I have two wonderful step daughters. My husbands ex and I get along fine, she has even been to my house twice for Thanksgiving. It hasn't always been easy, especially with the youngest, she wanted Mom and Dad back together. She lived with us during her teenage years, and it was bad. Now we are good friends and get along great.

You may never be really close, but I pray someday there will be at least some peace in that area of your life.

See you in group!!!!!

sorry, newbie here: What does NSV stand for? And congratulations Susan, I'm very inspired by your success.

I didn't see this answered - whats NSV and also dh - dear husband? LOL sorry for my ignorance. :)

Hi all, Vicki, it is great that you have a wonderful relationship with your stepkids. I had one with my stepson, but never the daughters. They just didn't like that at their moms, they were allowed to drink, smoke and have boys spend the night. At our house, there was rules and I was not going to allow kids that young do those things in my home. Now, my stepson has married and without even having met me and just going upon what the girls say, she hates me. She is posting "fat" comments about me all over the internet. It hurts, but that is ok. I really feel bad for my dh because it is really causing problems between he and them because he naturally defends me and refuses to tolerate anyone badmouthing me. Hopefully, it will all drop soon and we will be able to go on with life. I could my blessings with what I have that is good in life and don't worry over the rest.

StephC and Lady Janey, "dh" is darling hubby. "ds", darling son and "dd" darling daughter. NSV is a non-scale-victory. These are other weight loss successes not related to getting on the scale and seeing a drop in weight. These are things such as dropping a clothes size, fitting into the booth at a restaurant, being able to take a walk without getting winded, etc. I hope this helps.

Susan - thanks for the info - NSV - thats cool! I am soooooooo impatient - good grief I had to keep myself from calling the doctors office today to see if they got any info from my insurance. I noticed everyone is different in the order of how things are taken care of. I had to have all my tests done before they submitted anything to the insurance and haven't gotten a surgery date yet and then I read where others have their band date and haven't even had the pysch eval yet - I guess its all in where you live or is it the doctor? I'm just hoping that when I do get the call that my insurance has ok'd the band that they will say can you come in tomorrow.. LOL ... ok so next week. And then I'll say ... YOU BETCHA!!!