Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Its only my second day on the pre op diet and I am starving!!! I hate the Protein Shakes and need some help and support. Any ideas or even own personal stories would be great!

It just sucks. I think the pre-op is the worst part of the entire thing. You just have to remember your goal "Surgery" and push through it. People say after the first couple days it gets better, I was hungry and grouchy the entire week. I liked the hot tea and popcicles but was sick of the broth. You can do this and it isn't forever!

Its only my second day on the pre op diet and I am starving!!! I hate the Protein shakes and need some help and support. Any ideas or even own personal stories would be great!

What kind of shakes are you having? and what does your pre-op consist of?

I'm in week two of my pre-op and doing ok.

Give your NUT a call, tell her you are having problems and see if they can offer alternatives.

You can do this! Stay strong.

Good luck!

I was going to say try the broth, but someone said they are sick of it (lol). I guess whatever you are restricted to, is what you are sick of ! :unsure:

It bascailly consists of 800 calorie diet...400 of which is food rest is Protein drink..

Hang in there. I know it's hard. Just remember that you want your liver to shrink before surgery.

Hate to say this...but suck it up. Agree the pre op diet is torture and inhumane but it does benefit you in the long run by shrinking a fatty liver. Less likely hood that a surgeon might nick your stomach when performing VSG.

Now, what I did was at the end of the day I "rewarded" myself with 1 oz only of turkey jerkey to chew on at night. Confident you can do this. Hang in there, you surgery is just around the corner. Remember your goal.

I have to agree with the others, call the nutritionist, suck it up, and look ahead. I had to hear the same thing when I complained too lol. I am on day 7 of liquid only, I would love to be able to eat a meal

Its only my second day on the pre op diet and I am starving!!! I hate the Protein shakes and need some help and support. Any ideas or even own personal stories would be great!

Ask your surgeon if you can do the low carb diet instead of the liquid diet. I did the low carb diet and actually really enjoyed it and dropped 15 pounds in 2 weeks!!!!

Oh man if you can't handle a liquid diet before surgery how will you survive after?! Just take it a step at a time! Slow and steady! Cause if you slip up after the surgery it could cause complications! Just one day at a time!