Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Thought I Couldn't Afford A Sleeve Or Wrap Plication Until I Found Dr Martin Hruby :)

Hi all, I am new here! I was sleeved on August 14th 2012 in the Czech Republic. The NHS here wouldn’t look at me as I wasn’t big enough, and I had no comorbidities, but I have been obese for most of my adult life. Even when I was 18 and very sporty I was about 12 stone. I always kidded myself that I was big boned! Really I was just a terrible emotional eater and a pig. I never seemed to have an OFF button. food was always my crutch, and led to me getting bigger and bigger, until, at my biggest, I was 20st 4lb, and miserable. I couldn’t do much, getting out of bed was becoming an effort, and exercise was out of the question as it tired me out too much. So, I started looking for a private provider earlier this year, but the UK was too expensive for me. I still couldn’t afford most foreign providers, until I stumbled across Dr Martin Hruby, in Turnov, The Czech Republic. After much research, I settled on him as he is very experienced, lots of Germans go to him, but he is also very affordable. A sleeve was less than £4000, and a wrap less than £2000. In the end I settled on the sleeve, booked, and here I am, 52lb down since August 14th. I had an easy time of my recovery, I felt brill right from the start, eating has been no problem for me, and I am looking forward to getting slim and fit.

Anyway, I just wanted to share my story in case anyone here was in the same situation as me, wanting safe, affordable surgery but not being able to afford most prices.

easy time of my recovery, I felt brill right from the start, eating no problem , looking forward to getting slim and fit.

Newbie to the board .....- but 2 1/2 months post WLS - 52 lbs gone forever??? good for you!!!!

i love to see people from different countries on the forum - always wonder how you all learned about the sleeve, but then again you probably think the same about us ;)

glad you've done so well, no complications, great weight loss :)

As far as that "off" button regarding eating - i never could find it either ;) :(

could you share with us "not in the know people"!!! the convertion of a STONE and a EURO???

Curious minds want to know!!!! :)

take care

good luck

big kudos

Hi Kathy, look you you, nearly 100lb off!! Fantastic! I searched the net to find sleeve information, like most, but i also know someone who had a sleeve on the NHS here who has done amazingly well!

As for stones, basically 1stone = 14lb, so my weight of 221lb= 15stone 11lb.

And the prices, approx;

£4000= Euros 4932 (sleeve)

£2000= Euros 4266 (wrap plication)

I couldn't afford it either mini-me... then I decided to look into Mexico... $4,500 for a doctor who has done nearly 3,000 bariatric procedures, two nights in the hospital and three nights in the marriott. That's a good deal! Glad you are able to find something similar there.

Congratulations! The sleeved life is wonderful! Best of luck in your journey

Thanks, hope i can do as well as you! :)

I couldn't afford it either mini-me... then I decided to look into Mexico... $4,500 for a doctor who has done nearly 3,000 bariatric procedures, two nights in the hospital and three nights in the marriott. That's a good deal! Glad you are able to find something similar there.

Wowee what a price! Amazing! I did look at Mexico, but its soooo far from here, and just getting to the airport that flies there would take me all day!