Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Old bandsters and slow losers.

My results are there but I work really hard. I mean hard for losses. Anyone else fighting the lbs long term like this? I'm sure there is. I am not beat as I have cranked it up a notch. If I dont make my New Year goal I will get a fill by the way...

I'm gifted. I can eat very little and store so much. How lucky.

My caveman ancestors must have had many miles to travel before they reached a Steak N Shake!

Me too. I'm slow, slow, slow. But getting there. I've been going almost 4 1/2 years! I lose, go months without losing (much of it psychological) then lose more. Slow and steady does win the race.

ETA: I don't think genetics are a problem for me at all. I blame my behavior.

I too lose slooooow....BUT I have lost 70 lbs in a year and a half and I could never do that before... SO... I will take it...with me a fill lasts 2 months at the max...I workout almost daily on weights or cardio and still lose 2 lbs a month max..good luck to us:)

3 yrs out. 70-75lbs down and fighting. My mind would love to lose an additional 20, 30, 40, but it's just not happening. I can't believe I'm even maintaining as well as I am. I could never do this without the band. Somewhere, I have to dig up that determination that I started out with. :D

Hi cousin, i'm also a slow "loser". I will be 4 years in January and started walking 3 weeks ago and have lost 7 lbs. I was up to 197 in january when i got my last fill, now i'm at 178 as of this morning. I have reached my last level of restriction anything more and i can't even drink Water so I finally realized that unless I exercised I wasn't going to lose an once. My goal is 30 more lbs and I can "treat" myself to a TT and BL. I will probably never be a size 3 but at 270-242 size 22 I would have been thrilled at a size 14. Well i'm there now so now all i'm doing is fine tuning.

Good luck.

ana

3 yrs out. 70-75lbs down and fighting. My mind would love to lose an additional 20, 30, 40, but it's just not happening. I can't believe I'm even maintaining as well as I am. I could never do this without the band. Somewhere, I have to dig up that determination that I started out with. :D

Me too Leatha! Somewhere along the line I got comfortable and stopped watching things so closely. If you find it again, send it my way too!:tsk:

My results are there but I work really hard. I mean hard for losses. Anyone else fighting the lbs long term like this? I'm sure there is. I am not beat as I have cranked it up a notch. If I dont make my New Year goal I will get a fill by the way...

I'm gifted. I can eat very little and store so much. How lucky.

My caveman ancestors must have had many miles to travel before they reached a Steak N Shake!

Bobby,

That is hilarious!! We must have the same ancestors. I keep thinking about the low caloric intake I am getting and how the lbs. are still there. I was banded on 12-31-05 so my one year anniversary is just coming up. I have only lost 35 lbs and the first 20 was in the first couple of months into it. I know excercise is missing in my equation to lose. No excuse but laziness there. In the mean time, I am a little more comfortable and can sit in auditorium seats now. I work at NASA and the conference room seats were built during the Apollo years when there were only skinny pocket protector men out there. I plan, like you to get my 2nd refill Jan. 07. I am 5 7' and started at 295 and am at 260 now. I look at the band as having had an internal Portion Control installed. I am definitely not eating like I used to. My goal is to lose 125 pounds in 2 years. If my loss is as good as yours in the same time, I will be extremely happy. Good Luck!

Reborn123105

295-12-31-05

260-10-21-06

goal 175-12-31-07

As the world's most (formerly) Remedial Bandster, I hate to see anyone suffer like I did with not getting to use your tool effectively. I'm not picking on you, but a couple of things concern me.

I keep thinking about the low caloric intake I am getting and how the lbs. are still there. I was banded on 12-31-05 so my one year anniversary is just coming up. I have only lost 35 lbs and the first 20 was in the first couple of months into it.

I know excercise is missing in my equation to lose. No excuse but laziness there.

Exercise can be very effective in jump-starting loss. How about that other part of the equation - restriction? :) Something tells me you can't be well-restricted, I bet.

I plan, like you to get my 2nd refill Jan. 07.

OK, you've only had one fill? :) Ever? And you plan to only get one fill a calendar year? I mean, that might be part of the equation, indeed. The LapBand is adjustable for a reason. It is not designed to necessarily deliver 'proper' restriction level after one fill. And honestly judging by your own admission, you're not quite losing at the rate you had in mind. It's too easy to walk around being under-filled and all it will do is help you maintain your weight. You won't ever begin to see real loss again.

:cry And if you know you need another fill, why wait for nearly 3 months?

Not only is that a long wait in between fills , but you have the Holiday Time coming up. The Holidays (and Holiday parties, foods, and meals) can mean trouble for under-filled Bandsters. I hope you reconsider.

I am 5 7' and started at 295 and am at 260 now... My goal is to lose 125 pounds in 2 years.

OK, that goal sounds 'doable' but since you're only lost 35# in your first year (so far, of course) you're going to have to lose 80# in the second year. You're 5'7" so getting down to 170# would put you into "very normal weight" range. That's awesome. But to do it, means you'll definitely have to turn it up big time, right? I hope you can make it happen. We're rooting for you, OK? :clap2:

I'm 2 years and a few months out, and I've lost 65 lbs. Losing takes alot of effort, which is the same problem I had before surgery, however, maintaining takes me little to no effort if I don't REALLY overdo it. THAT is why I am thankful for my band. I have to work just as hard to lose, and I lose the motivation that I have just like I used to when I used to diet, HOWEVER, when I get my motivation back, I'm right where I was when I left off... not having gained more that I have to lose again.

Of course, I say all that, but that doesn't mean there aren't a whole bunch of days where I am depressed and disappointed with myself, but, from 24 to 16/18, 280 to 215, class ring was too small, now it's too big, etc, etc, are all good things, and nothing to discount.

I've been away from this board for a couple months now...simply due to frustration with my slow weight loss. However, I'm glad to be back! Reading this thread reminds me that I AM NOT CRAZY OR INCOMPETENT :girl_hug: I get so darn frustrated with my slow weight loss some days that I often wish I had never gotten the band.

I was banded Feb 13, 2006. I am down 44 pounds (302 to 258).

I look back at dieting days pre-band and think, "I used to eat HOW MUCH and lose weight?" I eat so very little now, and the pounds merely creep off. What have I done????

Then, I enter back onto this board, and I read threads that make me wonder who the heck is reading my thoughts and typing them for me :) I have often referred to my caveman relatives and cursed them! I joke that if the world ends, the only survivors are me and the roaches -- because my body doesn't seem to need ANYTHING to maintain.

But, someone on this thread reminded me that while it is hard as hell to lose, it is so much easier to maintain than it used to be. Do I think about dieting much anymore? Nahhh...so, do I lose? Nah.

Thank you to the board for a couple important things: 1. reminding me that I am normal, and 2. reminding me that with or without the band it is always EFFORT..and it is time for me to GET BACK ON IT! And, now I kinda look forward to it. Hope it sticks this time :)

Good luck to all!!!

Nataly

2-24-2006

302 then

258 now

I've been away from this board for a couple months now...simply due to frustration with my slow weight loss. However, I'm glad to be back! Reading this thread reminds me that I AM NOT CRAZY OR INCOMPETENT :cool: I get so darn frustrated with my slow weight loss some days that I often wish I had never gotten the band.

I was banded Feb 13, 2006. I am down 44 pounds (302 to 258).

I look back at dieting days pre-band and think, "I used to eat HOW MUCH and lose weight?" I eat so very little now, and the pounds merely creep off. What have I done????

Then, I enter back onto this board, and I read threads that make me wonder who the heck is reading my thoughts and typing them for me :) I have often referred to my caveman relatives and cursed them! I joke that if the world ends, the only survivors are me and the roaches -- because my body doesn't seem to need ANYTHING to maintain.

But, someone on this thread reminded me that while it is hard as hell to lose, it is so much easier to maintain than it used to be. Do I think about dieting much anymore? Nahhh...so, do I lose? Nah.

Thank you to the board for a couple important things: 1. reminding me that I am normal, and 2. reminding me that with or without the band it is always EFFORT..and it is time for me to GET BACK ON IT! And, now I kinda look forward to it. Hope it sticks this time :)

Good luck to all!!!

Nataly

2-24-2006

302 then

258 now

I'm 4 mo's out and only 15 lbs down. No weight loss in over a month. I'm doing everything right and nothing....yup, filled tight, exercise, Water, calories, the whole shabang...

I'm 4 mo's out and only 15 lbs down. No weight loss in over a month. I'm doing everything right and nothing....yup, filled tight, exercise, Water, calories, the whole shabang...

BeacheeGirl...I soooo relate! And when you're doing everything according to the "rules" and you DON'T lose weight...you can lose motivation. Quickly. So, the advice I'm going to give is the same as I'm going to follow: Stay the course. It WILL come off. Eventually.