Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey guys,

I am new to this forum. But I really enjoy reading all of the information and advice. I was sleeved on Sept. 10 of this year. I am down 48 pounds and a total of 36 inches!!! I am still confused over so many things. Such as how much Protein to consume, new things to eat, etc. But my main question tonight is about hunger. I read about people who do not get hungry anymore. That is not the case with me. I still get hungry but it only takes about 4 bites to fill me up. I'm curious if anyone has had the following problem....yesterday I was hungry all day and now today, I have not been able to eat very much at all. I have been fairly satisfied all day and what I have tried to eat is not agreeing with me. Is that normal to fascilate from one extreme to another within 24 hrs????

Thanks!

http://xnet.kp.org/misg/bariatrics/Bariatric_Menu_Stage_4.pdf

very normal. i spoke with my nut today and she said there will be days when you can eat 2 bites and days you can barley eat. now if you are eating every 2-3 hrs its natrual for the body to be hungry in that time frame, there is also what some call head hunger im sure someone will let you in on what that is, i for one have not had it. also are you taking any ppi for acid they say take that before you eat a lot of times its not hunger but stomach acid. also are you drinking your Water it could mean you are just thirsty. as far as what to eat i can give you a link from kaiser if you like. just in case here it is, thats wierd it posted at the top.

I get that all the time where one day I seem to eat pretty good but the next day I am fighting to get food down. It seems like some days I just get fuller faster. But I usually get 40-60 grams of Protein every day. And I get hungry but not as hungry pre surgery.

You've done an amazing job so far! Congrats! That is awesome.

How Ironic that you write about this , because I was feeling the same way. I had my surgery on Nov 13 , 2012 and it seems that I had gotten so use to the liquids diet after doing the pre op for 14 days and then Clear Liquids and full liquids after the surgery , and this week that I started with the soft foods , I seem to be feeling hungry more often . It is driving me nuts because although I don't act on my hungry urges , I am questioning myself if it is actual hunger or just cravings . I also get full on just a few bites . I hope to hear what othes have to say about this because I also need some advice.