Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

It Seams That My Weightloss Has Stoped

I am 5 months out and have stalled big time! 2 months at the same weight. I had to change up some meds and that seems to have done a number on me. Also' date=' I am losing hair by the handfulls! I am getting enough Protein according to my blood work, am good on Iron, thyroid is fine.....anybody else out there experience a stall this long and MASSIVE Hair loss even though you are doing everything correctly? Help!!!!!!!

Nancy[/quote']

The hair loss is apparently normal from what I have read on the forum, I'm losing my hair but I take 7,500 mcg of Biotin I still lose my hair but I have my new growth as well some say it doesn't work but I'm sticking to them I haven't stopped once on taking them. I get them at Puritan website although I'm sure they sell them anywhere. I've recently increased my excersise so they say muscle weighs more than fat. Are you noticing that your toning? From what I understand we will all experience stalls from time too time just stick to what your doing keep the faith and the weight will come off don't get discouraged. :))))))))

I am 6 weeks post and everything has come to a halt. I have been stuck for 10 days or so. I am dreading to get on the scale each day and record my results into my log. I am really scared to move to full food as I have stayed on my mush diet. I am afraid that if I start eating full foods I will gain weight. I am meeting with my Doc in two weeks but wish the scale would keep moving down. Advise?

It's been a year and I have lost 68lbs.. I have not gained but I'm @ a stand still needing to really readjust my diet & carefully watch everything I eat.. It's so frustrating but grateful @ the same time... I want to lose another 15 to 20 lbs... Is anyone else experiencing these issues??

You are not alone my friend! The same thing happened to me. My pattern has become, stall, drop a few, gain one......stall, drop a few, gain one......and the stall can last up to three weeks! But, in the scheme of things, we are still heading in the right direction!

You are not alone my friend! The same thing happened to me. My pattern has become' date=' stall, drop a few, gain one......stall, drop a few, gain one......and the stall can last up to three weeks! But, in the scheme of things, we are still heading in the right direction![/quote']

Thank you it can be really frustrating but the right direction yes..I am going to sit back & really look @ my diet/ eating habits & do some major evaluating...

I can tell you that I eat 1,000 calories a day and exercise 45 minutes a day and still I struggle. I have Hashimoto's (thyroid) disease also, so I think it affects me weight loss. You should get your thyroid checked!

I can tell you that I eat 1' date='000 calories a day and exercise 45 minutes a day and still I struggle. I have Hashimoto's (thyroid) disease also, so I think it affects me weight loss. You should get your thyroid checked![/quote']

Thank you I had it done the beginning of the year

It seem to be fine.. I also know its not meant 4 me to be a size 6 or 10... But a least 15-20 more lbs would b feasible.. Thanks for being helpful :-)

Thank you I had it done the beginning of the year

It seem to be fine.. I also know its not meant 4 me to be a size 6 or 10... But a least 15-20 more lbs would b feasible.. Thanks for being helpful :-)

Me too! You look beautiful by the way!

Awwww you look beautiful as well.... Thank you & let's encourage each other to move forward .. I do Zumba 4 days a week & I love it

I am 6 weeks post and everything has come to a halt. I have been stuck for 10 days or so. I am dreading to get on the scale each day and record my results into my log. I am really scared to move to full food as I have stayed on my mush diet. I am afraid that if I start eating full foods I will gain weight. I am meeting with my Doc in two weeks but wish the scale would keep moving down. Advise?

I know exactly how you feel, but from what I have learned here on the forums is it will happen it is normal. When I started this thread I was in a panic. I found that upping your exercise to more intense really helped quite a bit. So just keep doing what your doing follow all instructions given and you will get through this. :)

OMG! I had my surg Aug 7 and I have been stalled since Oct! I have fluctuated 1-2 lbs! I watch what I eat! Don't know what else to do!

OMG! I had my surg Aug 7 and I have been stalled since Oct! I have fluctuated 1-2 lbs! I watch what I eat! Don't know what else to do!

I know how you feel I was like that my surgery was June 28 2012 and I stalled within the first month and I was soooo upset I just cried because all I could think if is what's going on but I found this forum and its helped me too se that its all normal and part of the process just relax go with the flow continue to do what your doing and it will start again. I'm 7 months out and I'm at my third stall I've lost 80 lbs and 7 away from ONEderland just hang in there girl you'll make it.

:))))))

I am 5 months out and in a 2 week stall. I am glad I read this because I was getting very nervous about not losing anymore. I have increased my exercising since I really haven't been that dedicated to exercise until I hit the stall. It can be very depressing. I even decreased my food intake and increased my Protein intake. I hope I get past this soon!