Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

URGENT - PLEASE HELP, not eating or drinking with complications!!!

YIKES, I've been having problems for almost 2 weeks now - almost everything I eat comes back up (so for the most part I've stopped trying the last few days)...even water/liquids come back sometimes.

My band has slipped & I'm going to have it taken out next week, but what do I do in the meantime??? My whole body hurts -- throat, pipes, stomach, upper & lower intestines. Even my kidneys are starting to hurt. I know I'm dehydrated, but last week when I went in to the ER they gave me one bag of Fluid & sent me on my way. I think I have a sinus infection too - my whole head & jaw are in agony unless I take a sudaphed. Please help.:help: I am so miserable I don't know what to do...I'm wondering now if I'll make it to next week.

Corinne

Call your doctor. If you can't drink enough to keep hydrated you will continue to have problems. You might have to go in for an IV to keep this from happening. Your doctor is your best source of relief/help for now.

Good luck to you.

Corinne, no one here can do anything for you. CALL YOUR DOCTOR. If you're really not keeping anything down you may need to be given IV fluids again. This is nothing to fool around with--CALL YOUR DOCTOR!!

So I just got back from the Drs. & he said it's totally ok if no foods, but liquids are vital. I'm trying a popsicle at the moment to see if it will stay down...I'm curious if anyone has suggestions for other easy to keep down liquids.

thanks!!

How are you feeling this morning, Corinnel? I have no suggestions about "easy to keep down" liquids--liquids are liquids and if you can swallow your saliva and eat a popsicle you should be able to drink anything you want. Just drink slowly!! Take small sips and leave time between each one to let it go down.

Good luck, and please keep us posted!

Hot tea or broth will probably work better than something cold. Especially if something is going on with your sinuses. Hope you feel better soon.

Corrine, You definitely need to SEE your doctor immediately. My band slipped in Feb. 2006 and it was an emergency life-saving operation. My second surgeon suspected a small slippage on Dec. 24 2005 and did a complete unfill and said that sometimes the band will go back in place if the slippage isn't severe. I thought I was better and had a small fill at the end of Jan 2006. It was no better and within 2 weeks it had slipped down to my small intestines. Like you, I was unable to keep down anything. Not one single drop of Water. I had severe reflux and everything I tried to eat or drink soured on my stomach. I vomitted black bile, clear slime, you name it. Please, I urge you to go to your doctor now. Please don't wait. I was taking prescription anti-nausea medicine (phenergan??) and nothing helped. I still vomitted and had dry heaves many times when there was nothing (liquid or food) in my system. My surgery lasted 3.5 hours and he saved my band and repositioned it. I was lucky and I am very thankful that my band was saved. If you've reached the point where nothing will stay down, it is time to pack your bags and go to the emergency room. I'm lucky to be alive and I wouldn't want anyone to go through the agony I've been through. Please don't hesitate. Contact your doctor immediately. Wishing you well. Keep us informed.