Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sliming..or Throwing Up..?!?

Sometimes when I eat...I burp and food comes back up in a slimy way..I know this is gross..does this mean I ate too much or too fast..?

What are your experiences..I feel like I can throw up at will...just by burping sometimes .

It's either you ate to fast or a little to much. I'm sure we all exprience it, I know I have. I just take my time and chew, chew, chew and chew some more. once you feel that full feeling which won't take long stop wait 30 mins and drink.

You definitely ate too much or ate too fast. It will get better as your sleeve heals more. For me, that took about 3 months, but I still slime all...the...time from eating too fast. I need to play chariots of fire in the background. LOL!

Lol..so slimming and throwing up is sane thing?

No, they are different things. Sliming is when you spit up saliva but not food. It feels the same initially, but then no food comes up.

Ok..I've been experiencing this ..its gross

You will get used to it after about the 3rd time. Lol. Best to roll with it as part of the process of learning your limits as they change on a daily and weekly basis. Different foods will cause different responses from sleeve. As I said in some other posts, scrambled eggs go down really well, but chicken and raw vegetables almost lays lead to stuck in throat feeling and then slimes. The good part is that as sleeve heals more, the pain from taking that extra bite or two goes down significantly.

You know, I've only experienced one issue with food. I ate a Protein Bar and whatever was in it made me both vomit and then slime later. I will never eat that stupid thing again.

I asked my doc why I haven't experienced this otherwise and he said it was because I was being so careful about my intake. Given my complications, I took the rules seriously and haven't strayed when it comes to volume. I eat half a cup at a time, never breaking that rule or pushing it at all and I've never experienced either issue aside from that one time with the bar (I think it had something that puffed up in my tummy).

I'm not saying that you aren't following the rules...but some docs say "see what you can handle" and some give you an amount you aren't supposed to push. I personally like the idea of sticking to a specific amount because I don't much enjoy getting sick. I was told to avoid vomiting because it might hurt my claw, which scared me enough to really stick to the half cup.

I suppose some day I'll have that amount raised and might experience these problems...but I am very comfortable with the amount I can have so I don't feel the need to push it too far ;)

You know' date=' I've only experienced one issue with food. I ate a Protein bar and whatever was in it made me both vomit and then slime later. I will never eat that stupid thing again.

I asked my doc why I haven't experienced this otherwise and he said it was because I was being so careful about my intake. Given my complications, I took the rules seriously and haven't strayed when it comes to volume. I eat half a cup at a time, never breaking that rule or pushing it at all and I've never experienced either issue aside from that one time with the bar (I think it had something that puffed up in my tummy).

I'm not saying that you aren't following the rules...but some docs say "see what you can handle" and some give you an amount you aren't supposed to push. I personally like the idea of sticking to a specific amount because I don't much enjoy getting sick. I was told to avoid vomiting because it might hurt my claw, which scared me enough to really stick to the half cup.

I suppose some day I'll have that amount raised and might experience these problems...but I am very comfortable with the amount I can have so I don't feel the need to push it too far ;)[/quote']

On another thread, there was mention that vomiting is really bad for the sleeve. If sliming is similar to vomiting, are there any clinical studies that state what can happen from repeated sliming or vomiting for sleeve stomachs? I am asking because my biggest problem of eating too fast and not too much leads to the slimes, sometimes vomiting. I have never got in the habit of taking 20 minutes to eat and unfortunately get the stuck feeling almost every day with slimes not every day, but multiple times a week. It is just a habit that has eluded me that I need to work harder at.

Fiddleman go buy a stop watch. It helps me track each bite I'm four weeks out and haven't had issues minus some panic attacks but that's cause this surgery made my inner crazy pop out.