Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Not Full From Greek Yogurt?

Is it normal to not get full from four ounces of Greek yogurt? It's chobani non fat vanilla which is not really think?

I am only eating what my doctor told me to but I thought I shouldn't be able to finish four ounces.

I'm not sure if it's normal but my personal experience is I get full from 2 oz of Chobani. I'm 2 and a half wks out

I'm not sure if it's normal but my personal experience is I get full from 2 oz of Chobani. I'm 2 and a half wks out

Now I am nervous.... I am one week out today. First day on full liquids and four ounces of yogurt, pudding or Protein shakes don't make me feel full.

Are you taking your PPI? It can make a big difference in hunger.

Are you taking your PPI? It can make a big difference in hunger.

Never got a prescription for one... Now even more worried :(

It depends on how fast I eat it. I also like Fage yogurt because it's thicker than the Chobani (though Chobani apple cinnamon is omgnom). If I sit there and take like... 30-40 minutes to eat a container I have no problem eating the whole thing because I space it out. If I inhale it? I have to stop halfway through.

It depends on how fast I eat it. I also like Fage yogurt because it's thicker than the Chobani (though Chobani apple cinnamon is omgnom). If I sit there and take like... 30-40 minutes to eat a container I have no problem eating the whole thing because I space it out. If I inhale it? I have to stop halfway through.

I have been measuring out four ounces on my food scale and eating it over a half an hour. My doc said I shouldn't finish a meal before 20 mins. Do you think it's okay then? Sorry I am very paranoid now :X

Eh, I wouldn't be paranoid. My experience is that my body is pretty up front with me when something is not going to work. Cold drinks? Body says not gonna happen. Too much food? Body says ow. Eat too fast? Body goes "Here, have some of that back."

If there's no feeling of discomfort then based on my experience you're fine. I'm still at that stage where I'm learning what being full actually feels like. Before I would always have to eat and eat to get that feeling of full, but it was always the feeling of "too full". So I'm learning what full enough is.

Eh' date=' I wouldn't be paranoid. My experience is that my body is pretty up front with me when something is not going to work. Cold drinks? Body says not gonna happen. Too much food? Body says ow. Eat too fast? Body goes "Here, have some of that back."

If there's no feeling of discomfort then based on my experience you're fine. I'm still at that stage where I'm learning what being full actually feels like. Before I would always have to eat and eat to get that feeling of full, but it was always the feeling of "too full". So I'm learning what full enough is.[/quote']

Thanks for your advice. I truly appreciate it!!!! I don't really know what full feels like either. Only used to know "stuffed". Guess it is just a learning experience. :)

Is 4 ounces of yogurt weighed the same as 4 ounces measured in a cup? I always measure in a half cup measure my yogurt.

One is weight and the other is volume. The two do not always correlate.

Is 4 ounces of yogurt weighed the same as 4 ounces measured in a cup? I always measure in a half cup measure my yogurt.

It is supposed to be. My measuring cup says four ounces on one side and half cup on the other. I use my food scale to ensure I am 100% accurate. So I take it you can eat a half cup?

One is weight and the other is volume. The two do not always correlate.

Ah okay makes sense. Hmm wonder which is the better for follow

It depends on what you're measuring. liquids are usually rated by volume. Solids are usually by weight.

I've never really thought about which they classify semi-solid food under, but in my head I always assumed volume.

Also, this is why the US measurement system sucks.

It depends on what you're measuring. liquids are usually rated by volume. Solids are usually by weight.

I've never really thought about which they classify semi-solid food under' date=' but in my head I always assumed volume.

Also, this is why the US measurement system sucks.[/quote']

Thanks. So smart lol :) tonight when I have some for dinner I will use my measuring cup on the scale and see how a half cup of yogurt compares.